Kickoff Time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirshman

Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
Shawnee KS
It's NFL kickoff time, and I can't think of anything better than watching some football, having a few cold ones, and smoking some "chuckies"! Just put 10 of them on the Masterbuilt 40". Plan is to smoke them with a pecan/hickory mix up until the stall, then pan them in some Guinness and beef broth, cover in foil, and let them steep until up to 200 deg. Then take them out and wrap them and let them rest, while I make a beef and stout gravy out of the liquid. Planning to serve the gravy with the chuckles and some fine Irish Colcannon. Sounds like a fine plan to me, but would welcome any other thoughts or ideas. Will post some pics as I go. Go Raiders!!!!!

Thats looks really good there. Bet they tasted even better. How did the flavor of the pecan/hickory go with it.
Again. Good looking dinner there.

Great looking food there. Also was a great weekend of football. Lots of close games.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky