• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Kettle pizzas.

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
I have never even considered this option...wow...very nice!

Congrats on the headlines. Looking into doing this myself (I have an awesome homemade sausage pizza topping recipe).
I have never even considered this option...wow...very nice!

Congrats on the headlines. Looking into doing this myself (I have an awesome homemade sausage pizza topping recipe).
I use the same kettle pizza oven attachment and it rocks out some great pies.

Using R.O. lump and 4 or 5 plum sized chunks of Oak wood. The stone gets up to almost 900*. You can't use any malt in your dough at those temps or else you will get a black bottom every single time.

Here's a shot of my kettle cooker.
2021-07-20 01.33.52.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic. it was taken after many beers.:emoji_laughing::emoji_sunglasses:

SmokingUPnorth

Smoking UPNorth
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 7, 2017
Yes, try cutting the toppings back 50% on one pie and make one the same way you did these and see which you prefer.:emoji_thumbsup:
Awesome thanks for the tip. I can’t remember what brand the cheese was but it was in the “fancy cheese” isle haha. I usually let my toppings sit out and warm up is that something you do too?

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like SmokingUpnorth it is appreciated.
I have no problem with the mount of toppings not sure what the point is to cut back.

Warren

browneyesvictim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 16, 2016
Fantastic pies!
Have you tried the fermented doughs yet? More like a poolish dough? Those were the best ones I made.

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Awesome thanks for the tip. I can’t remember what brand the cheese was but it was in the “fancy cheese” isle haha. I usually let my toppings sit out and warm up is that something you do too?
Yes, room temp on everything but raw sausage.

bill1

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 25, 2015
Guess you can't use jug wine with cheese from the fancy aisle.
Hard to keep up with the gor-maize on this site. :emoji_sunglasses:

The Art of Pork

Fire Starter
Joined May 1, 2021
I love a grilled pizza and those look delicious! I’ve been eyeing a pizza oven for my Webber kettles for several years just wasn’t sure if it would be worth it….time to start looking again.

For what it’s worth I have about every type of grill there is but the Weber kettle is the one I use daily!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.