Kegerator/Keezer build

Discussion in 'Beer & Ale' started by araugh, Jun 20, 2014.

1. New member, about to build my first smoker, but given how beer and barbeque frequently seem to go hand in hand thought I'd show off a kegerator build I did with a friend of mine for his house.  Full details in the link, but short version is that it's a remote dispense system where the freezer is in the garage and the primary tap is in the house.  I designed control hardware for temperature data and he designed an awesome logging system.

crazymoon likes this.
  2. some thermal imaging of the system after we had it tuned and optimized

3. atio

atio Fire Starter

CT
    That is quite simply amazing.  I wish I had the skills to put something like that together.  Very, very impressive!

4. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Wow nice work, I guess the days of drilling a hole in the door of the fridge are gone! Oh how I miss my avocado green kegerater!

5. Thanks guys!

6. mystakilla

mystakilla Newbie

That's just incredible, care to approximate a cost for this besides labor?

Thx

7. Thanks, it was about 950USD for the freezer and all materials

8. Looks great.  I built one a couple of years ago, but I really like your Arduino setup.  Nice job.

Chris

9. Nice build! The thermal imaging is cool. I built a kegerator a couple years ago that is serving us well. The pictures are under my brewing folder on my profile.

Dale

Shawbrook14

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  10. Nice work. [​IMG]Love your toys. A lot of work for 2 taps. If you start homebrewing you'll want more taps. [​IMG]

11. Very nice. Here's a few pictures of mine. 

12. Looks great.

Mine is behind the wall so it is basic, but I have always been impressed with how people turn them into works of art.

Chris