KCBS Judging Classes - cannot locate one near me

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Daba's BBQ

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 24, 2021
Metro NYC
I went to the KCBS page and looked for judging classes near me in NY for the remainder of 2022. Nothing came up.

So I then entered my zip code and used a 2000 miles radius from my home. Not one class came up. There is obviously a massive problem with the search engine.

Any idea where I can find out this information?

Thanks

I called KCBS. They have no classes anywhere near where I live for the rest of the year. I find this pretty sad given that they are supposedly the "premiere" organization when it comes to certifications. You think that they would have ongoing classes throughout the country - especially in major cities such as NY? This makes no sense whatsoever. Extremely disappointed. mad2.gif

Kcbs has had some struggles throughout the recent years. From what I saw there are only a couple classes this summer in the entire US.

I'd also had a hard time finding a judging class in the northeast. I searched for two years or so, finding nothing within 600 miles or so of where I live. I finally got lucky a couple of months ago, when NEBS (Northeast BBQ Society) hosted one in Rhode Island. They actually ran separate courses for KCBS judges, table captains (could be combined with the judging course) and NEBS judges.

I enjoyed the course. They had one of the top NE BBQ teams on site making some superb BBQ along with intentionally flawed samples for judging. Unfortunately, I don't see it on their calendar page again this year.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky