Kan vi stoppe dette dritt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm missing out on the SMF drama?
Good, I've two teens at home and get more than enough.

Guess I missed it too. Happy Happy Happy

I don't miss those days John. Glad my kids are fully grown.
Chris

Chris, I've noticed that no matter how old the kids get, there's always too much drama.

Gary

I would disagree. Just because it's in just the chat room. It could still be viewed by kids or others that could take offence.

Steve first off you cannot see it just by getting on the forum we have made it so that you have to log into chat to see anything so if your kids see it then you logged in and are lurking just to see what's going on. Second when you login to chat it shows you the last 2 lines of chat thats it. Its not searchable. Again the only way to see more is to log in and not log out. So the ones that are getting offended are staying in there lurking with the purpose of stirring the pot.

Steve first off you cannot see it just by getting on the forum we have made it so that you have to log into chat to see anything so if your kids see it then you logged in and are lurking just to see what's going on. Second when you login to chat it shows you the last 2 lines of chat thats it. Its not searchable. Again the only way to see more is to log in and not log out. So the ones that are getting offended are staying in there lurking with the purpose of stirring the pot.
Chat is visible from my main page. Has been for a while. I don’t love it but I just ignore it and deal.

Chat is visible from my main page. Has been for a while. I don’t love it but I just ignore it and deal.
If you log out of chat the box will be there but will not show anything in chat

Reactions: 73saint
This is way past getting old as was said if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing. You don't have to post in every thread if you don't like the thread move on.
I'm also tired of hearing about how bad chat is seems many are talking about it but don't go there so how would they actually know what goes on in there. The ones that just stay logged in there and never contribute a thing to chat are just there to try to find something to be offended by because they don't like chat and that has gotten very old to.
I go in chat sometimes, Bmudd goes into chat sometimes, PC Farmer goes into chat sometimes so if there's bad things going on it chat I think we'd have put a stop to it.
Some of you seem to think chat should be strictly for talking about cooking well it's not and never has been. It's like pulling up a log to the camp fire and enjoying conversation with others. Many of us have been going into chat for a very long time and have kind of gotten to know each other and if it offends you for me to ask somebody how their day was or what their weather was that's to bad don't come into chat. On the other hand if you need a question answered in a hurry if there are people in there your more than likely going to get real time answer or be told where to find the answer. Again your not required to join chat and it has been fixed so you have to join it to see what is posted there.

There's three boxes in the upper right hand corner of chat. If you click the middle one a drop down menu will appear. If you click the one that says "disable chat" you won't see any of it anymore. That's what I did, haven't missed it. RAY

Reactions: schlotz
This is way past getting old as was said if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing. You don't have to post in every thread if you don't like the thread move on.
I'm also tired of hearing about how bad chat is seems many are talking about it but don't go there so how would they actually know what goes on in there. The ones that just stay logged in there and never contribute a thing to chat are just there to try to find something to be offended by because they don't like chat and that has gotten very old to.
I go in chat sometimes, Bmudd goes into chat sometimes, PC Farmer goes into chat sometimes so if there's bad things going on it chat I think we'd have put a stop to it.
Some of you seem to think chat should be strictly for talking about cooking well it's not and never has been. It's like pulling up a log to the camp fire and enjoying conversation with others. Many of us have been going into chat for a very long time and have kind of gotten to know each other and if it offends you for me to ask somebody how their day was or what their weather was that's to bad don't come into chat. On the other hand if you need a question answered in a hurry if there are people in there your more than likely going to get real time answer or be told where to find the answer. Again your not required to join chat and it has been fixed so you have to join it to see what is posted there.
Totally agree!

There's three boxes in the upper right hand corner of chat. If you click the middle one a drop down menu will appear. If you click the one that says "disable chat" you won't see any of it anymore. That's what I did, haven't missed it. RAY
Sorry you feel that way Ray I enjoyed chatting with you a few months back.

Reactions: zippy12
I happen to enjoy the chatroom. I think it was Kevin DeShazo Kevin DeShazo who said it best a night or two ago. The chat room is like a bunch of guys going to a bar at happy hour and just shooting the(well you know the rest). PM's or DMs have a purpose, but they just don't have the instant gratification that chat does. With PMs or DMs you may have to wait a day or two for a response. Which can deflate the meaning of the moment. What I don't like is when things that are said in chat or PM/DM demean/ridicule another member who is not an active participant of the conversation, and i admit that in the past I have been a contributor.to this. With that said, what irratates me even more is that some of this nonsense is being posted in the open forums for everyone to see(that was the initial purpose of this thread to point that out). Whether it be in chat or direct messages making fun of someone or their posts isn't what this forum is all about.

I think most of the elder members here know that if I have something to say I will say it openly, and I expect the same respect. However there are those times that I screw up, and unfortunately what I type in a response doesn't reflect what I really meant to say. When this is brought to my attention I try to make it right by either apologizing openly or by DM, and even then it doesn't always come out the way I meant it to. I guess that I'm a just a product of public education.

Enough of my rant.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky