• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Kan vi stoppe dette dritt

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Steve first off you cannot see it just by getting on the forum we have made it so that you have to log into chat to see anything so if your kids see it then you logged in and are lurking just to see what's going on. Second when you login to chat it shows you the last 2 lines of chat thats it. Its not searchable. Again the only way to see more is to log in and not log out. So the ones that are getting offended are staying in there lurking with the purpose of stirring the pot.
Thanks Brian. I referenced that because of pop's G rating thread from the other day is all. No harm intended.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Thanks Brian. I referenced that because of pop's G rating thread from the other day is all. No harm intended.
Steve I didn't think there was any harm intended bud just want to make sure everyone knows how it works. I appreaciate the dialog

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
We all need to focus on sharing with eachother in a positive way. Even if you think the thread looks gross we either need to encourage or not comment. Seems what the site SHOULD be to me at least. Newbies come here seeking help because they stumbled upon a site that seemed good. So either it's a great site or not. It's great to me. I've enjoyed sharing, seeing new and creative things and making new friends. All that should be the focus. Nobody appreciates ridicule. Whether veiled or out right. So there should be focus on that aspect. I'm all for some fun times and joking around but sometimes it's out of hand. I've probably been guilty. But I just wanna have a good time with good people who like the same things as me.

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
It's not for everyone Peach, it gets old fast. I figured I could live without it, I'm just here to post a few cooks and read about some others. RAY
Hope you know you are always welcome to pop in anytime if you are in the mood to chew the fat!

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
We all need to focus on sharing with eachother in a positive way. Even if you think the thread looks gross we either need to encourage or not comment. Seems what the site SHOULD be to me at least. Newbies come here seeking help because they stumbled upon a site that seemed good. So either it's a great site or not. It's great to me. I've enjoyed sharing, seeing new and creative things and making new friends. All that should be the focus. Nobody appreciates ridicule. Whether veiled or out right. So there should be focus on that aspect. I'm all for some fun times and joking around but sometimes it's out of hand. I've probably been guilty. But I just wanna have a good time with good people who like the same things as me.
I totally agree Jake. The comments I make in post are meant and I try to encourage members as much as I can. If I have offended you or someone else in the past please forgive me. I’ve never intended to offend. Please send me a pm if you wish to discuss. This is a great forum and in my opinion chat is a great feature of this forum. Some others may have differing opinions but we are all entitled to our own opinions. I get frustrated seeing people arguing over opinions.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
This is the best BBQ forum out there. Lots of Knowledge on just about anything that, soaks, bakes, steams, wood fired, coal cooked and almost every variety of bbq invented to date. there is Low salt, heavy salt, sugar subs recipes, old school meat drying, fresh stuffed stuff, with and without videos., heck Gravy is making a comeback. It really is a good place to be. Have a blessed 3 day weekend. Keep you flour dry.

Last edited:

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
I'm still laughing at the fact that here in the bottom half 2020 that there are still chat rooms on the net!:emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.