• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Kamado K5 Restore

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
It's no problem at all . I just did a larger version of a Weber Kettle handle . Not sure how well it will work . I think the original is a turned spindle . However some of the other Kamado type grills have square handles proud of the bracket . So we will see . This is what I have so far .
20190923_154723.jpg 20190923_154733.jpg
I'm kind of guessing at the mounting hole location , but should be close . I blew the picture up until 1" in the pic equaled 1" on my tape . Then I measured the picture to get the location . Should be close . I have 2 coats of stain on it now . If it looks good I'll put some finish on it in the morning .

smokininidaho

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 11, 2011
chopsaw made this handle for me for my Kamado restore project. Let me tell you he is a true artist! I couldn't be happier. I gave him some basic measurements and somehow he made it a perfect fit, like it was made for this old Richard Johnson Kamado! chopsaw, I can't thank you enough, you certainly are a highly valued member of this great forum.
kamadohandle1.jpg
kamadohandle2.jpg

Last edited:

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
If it works for you that way that's great , but the " T " part of the handle should be in the front not the top . Maybe it didn't fit the other way ?

smokininidaho

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 11, 2011
If it works for you that way that's great , but the " T " part of the handle should be in the front not the top . Maybe it didn't fit the other way ?
Boy am I dumb. I'll move it to the correct position, I'm sure it will fit this way.

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
That's better . Lol
Work ok , or does it want to twist ?

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Get ya a grout pen , clean up the old grout . Big box store sells them or you can order some .
amazon" style="max-width:120px">

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks