Kalbi Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great , I like that hickory charcoal, don't like the price though, don't forget to try the hickory bark trick , small pieces when the meat is put on, What store you get the sauce from?
Thanks mike I keep meaning to give the shag bark a try. I will next time. Sauce came from Kroger in the Asian section

Hmm what is this hickory bark trick?
Mike likes to pull the bark off shag bark hickory trees and use them in his kettle. He got pretty excited to see all my hickory trees at the gathering this spring lol

That looks outstanding.
Korean is sugar heavy to my taste. How was the end result of your basting on the beef?
Thanks bud. This sauce has Sugar but it isn't the most forward flavor. Very umami and savory. Basting was great. Only hit them a couple times per side and they were finished. Not sticky like alot of sauces

Reactions: Fueling Around
Jake, great looking short ribs, I might try that sauce, I normally like to baste
with Soya Sauce ,light salt and pepper only

They are one of my top favorite beef cuts to have.
I just did a small batch last week . I think I had them

David
Appreciate it David. Give that sauce a try it's delicious

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wow!! That looks absolutely beautiful Jake. Very, very nice job my friend. I can almost taste them from here.

Robert

Wow!! That looks absolutely beautiful Jake. Very, very nice job my friend. I can almost taste them from here.

Robert
Appreciate it Robert. Not the prettiest meal but sure was tasty. Emily is making a pecan pie today with the pecans you sent her.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky