Just saying hello

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

p_schneider

Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Minnesota
Hello everyone,
This is my first post here so an into is in order I believe. My name is Paul and I live in Minnesota. I recently received a smoker for my BDay from the folks (I believe you guys call it an ECB) and have 2 smokes under my belt. Beef brisket and Pork tenderloin. :D

The brisket was the first smoke and I pretty much followed the recipe from the site here. It turned out pretty good but I learned some valuable lessons.
The smoke took way too long. It turns out, as I'm sure most are aware, that briquettes plus an unmodified ECB results in low and unsteady temps. After further reading I have found the water pan propbably wasn't helping my cause either.

So I switched to lump charcoal and modified the ECB fire pan for the tenderloin smoke. This went much better. Nice even temp at around 220f. They turned out very nice. I will have to post some pics sometime.

Anyway that's about it, just wanted to say hi and thanks for helping me get going on the road to smokin heaven!

Howdy Paul. New here myself. Looking forward to your pictures! I'm known for drooling over BBQ pics.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky