Just joined

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nivekelborts2

Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
Lycoming County, Pennsylvania
I just joined the forum and wanted to say hello and happy holidays. About a year ago my friend Scott said he wanted to build a smokehouse, so we did. It is about the size of an outhouse. (Don't call it an outhouse around Scott. He doesn't like that...) :th_crybaby2: We have a wood stove beside the smokehouse with a pipe going through the side. In the past year we have accumulated: a small grinder, a meat mixer , a sausage stuffer, scales and a slicer. I wanted a good slicer, so when a local grocery store went out of business, I bought a Globe model 710 at their auction. I think it is the first slicer they ever purchased. It is old, very heavy and works great. I want to thank all of you for the help you have given me over the past year and also helping me to learn more in the future. So far Scott and I have made summer sausage, Canadian bacon and jerky. And we like to tell our friends that we haven't "trucked" anything up yet.

Cheers,

Nivek Elborts

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hello Nivek and welcome to the group!  Glad you've joined us.  This is a great clearinghouse of information on smoking, curing, grilling, etc.  And friendly too!  Looking forward to your input here.  Have fun, and remember...we love qview!

Red

MERRY CHRISTMAS from GARY in EAST TEXAS

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky