JUST GOT BUSTED!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WOOHOO, I think I got an idea. I just might make a 30 gal UDS Watt burner. I found this and just need to call the drum company here locally and get some dimensions.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
 I appreciate all the ideas everyone, but I just love my drum. A AMS is still on my list, just set back a bit till I get this built. I have 2 pork loins in the cure ready for a smoke job on the 3rd, gotta get moving. I think I'll camo paint this one just to irk the neighbors.
icon_razz.gif

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0005860510798a.shtml

That element says 200˚ to 220˚. Isn't that a little low?

I love the Camo idea---I think I recommended that to the guy building the Army Jeep set up.

Bear
I looked at this when I was at Cabelas and there is no thermostat on it so how hot it gets will depend on the gauge and length of the cord you use and the insulating capabilities of the smoker you put it in.  

meateater,

Maybe you could try the method of Camo that I used to use on my compound & recurved bows. Paint it all one color, like black. Then use two-faced tape or scotch tape rolled up, and stick leaves all over the place (Oak & Maple work best). Then spray the whole thing dull green (as in olive drab). It ends up real neat, OD green with black silhouettes of leaves all over it.

Just a thought,

Bear
Thats exactly how I'm doing mine. Khaki base coat with brown and green. I did my ar-15 like that and came out great, more of a desert camo.

princess you slay me, but they in my opinion are right, save your smoker and get a mes. smooosh the management, and always be willing to give them rat fink ba__rds the "your number one" just because some crack monkey burned up there home. youll like the mes, however i do have a question?

if you do get it, and you do smoke it up (hopefully where they can see it.like break in period) i would like to hear how much bchin they are doing and if they had a grand tour of your smoker........i personally love to piss with people like them.  good luck. let us know the fun your having

15e0dc39_newsonycamera002.jpg
 Finally got a new camera.

The new profile picture is my balcony. Been here 4years. Havent been busted yet.

Of course I feed the next door neighbor  with tasty stuff on occasion.

The landlord would have a fit if he saw the BGE quaking at 750 degrees making steaks...flames shooting out the top.

Or boiling some lobsters with the propane burner.

Makes the MES seem sorta low key compared to the other stuff.

Last edited:
Why is it every time I come to this thread, I hear "Mission Impossible" music in the background, and I visualize meateater dressed in all black, sneaking out to his smoker at Midnight, with a rack of ribs under his coat? 

Maybe it was the shrooms I stuffed in my Stuffz burgers?

I can sooo see that too Bear! I love the MI remix! I am gettin' my groove on this a.m.!

LOL---That would be a good one for Mythmaster!

He could do a smoke of a guy in black, sneaking out to his smoker in the dark, with a rack of ribs. He'd be looking over his shoulder, and going through the whole routine, with the MI theme for background.

That would be soooo cool!

C'mon Mythy !

Bear

I'll still be doing that on the big smokes. I don't think a 20# bird will work in my new smoker, yes it's done, stay tuned.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Dutch, you don't get any creosote without any vents? I'm hoping for at least 225* closer to 250*

Nope, following the instructions, I only use a 1 inch X 1 inch chunk of wood. And the lid isn't all that tight anyway.

My guess here is the vegetarian/anal neighbors.  I went through that once.  They even called the fire department on me with no success.  I thumbed my nose at them and kept on making Q.  That was years ago and things have changed now.  I doubt if switching fuels will help if your neighbors don't like the smell of cooking meat.  I would look for a new place to live.

My guess here is the vegetarian/anal neighbors.  I went through that once.  They even called the fire department on me with no success.  I thumbed my nose at them and kept on making Q.  That was years ago and things have changed now.  I doubt if switching fuels will help if your neighbors don't like the smell of cooking meat.  I would look for a new place to live.

I have the graces of the Henderson FD for now. 18" away from a structure and i"m good to go with electric smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky