• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

JUST GOT BUSTED!

baboy

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 8, 2008
WOOHOO, I think I got an idea. I just might make a 30 gal UDS Watt burner. I found this and just need to call the drum company here locally and get some dimensions.
 I appreciate all the ideas everyone, but I just love my drum. A AMS is still on my list, just set back a bit till I get this built. I have 2 pork loins in the cure ready for a smoke job on the 3rd, gotta get moving. I think I'll camo paint this one just to irk the neighbors.

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0005860510798a.shtml

That element says 200˚ to 220˚. Isn't that a little low?

I love the Camo idea---I think I recommended that to the guy building the Army Jeep set up.

Bear
I looked at this when I was at Cabelas and there is no thermostat on it so how hot it gets will depend on the gauge and length of the cord you use and the insulating capabilities of the smoker you put it in.  

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
meateater,

Maybe you could try the method of Camo that I used to use on my compound & recurved bows. Paint it all one color, like black. Then use two-faced tape or scotch tape rolled up, and stick leaves all over the place (Oak & Maple work best). Then spray the whole thing dull green (as in olive drab). It ends up real neat, OD green with black silhouettes of leaves all over it.

Just a thought,

Bear
Thats exactly how I'm doing mine. Khaki base coat with brown and green. I did my ar-15 like that and came out great, more of a desert camo.

brdprey

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 8, 2009
princess you slay me, but they in my opinion are right, save your smoker and get a mes. smooosh the management, and always be willing to give them rat fink ba__rds the "your number one" just because some crack monkey burned up there home. youll like the mes, however i do have a question?

if you do get it, and you do smoke it up (hopefully where they can see it.like break in period) i would like to hear how much bchin they are doing and if they had a grand tour of your smoker........i personally love to piss with people like them.  good luck. let us know the fun your having

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Go meat! Ya gotta take some pics! I love the camo idea too. And tapping into the squealers power. Losers. LOL!

Squirrel, that's great! LMAO. I'm taking pics as I build it.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Quote:

meateater-my UDS is a watt burner. The drum is 30 gal. and the element came out of an old Redi-Smok that belonged to my dad-in-law.  Here is my Electric Ugly Drum Smoker build and the first q-view to come off of it.

Dutch, you don't get any creosote without any vents? I'm hoping for at least 225* closer to 250*

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
 Finally got a new camera.

The new profile picture is my balcony. Been here 4years. Havent been busted yet.

Of course I feed the next door neighbor  with tasty stuff on occasion.

The landlord would have a fit if he saw the BGE quaking at 750 degrees making steaks...flames shooting out the top.

Or boiling some lobsters with the propane burner.

Makes the MES seem sorta low key compared to the other stuff.

Last edited:

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Why is it every time I come to this thread, I hear "Mission Impossible" music in the background, and I visualize meateater dressed in all black, sneaking out to his smoker at Midnight, with a rack of ribs under his coat? 

Maybe it was the shrooms I stuffed in my Stuffz burgers?

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010

I can sooo see that too Bear! I love the MI remix! I am gettin' my groove on this a.m.!

lugnutz

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 17, 2010
is there a rule about smoking in the parking lot?? that would be my next move.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009

I can sooo see that too Bear! I love the MI remix! I am gettin' my groove on this a.m.!

LOL---That would be a good one for Mythmaster!

He could do a smoke of a guy in black, sneaking out to his smoker in the dark, with a rack of ribs. He'd be looking over his shoulder, and going through the whole routine, with the MI theme for background.

That would be soooo cool!

C'mon Mythy !

Bear

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
is there a rule about smoking in the parking lot?? that would be my next move.

I used to get in trouble for it in school......

Oh darn, we're talking about smoking "Meat"!

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
I'll still be doing that on the big smokes. I don't think a 20# bird will work in my new smoker, yes it's done, stay tuned.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Dutch, you don't get any creosote without any vents? I'm hoping for at least 225* closer to 250*

Nope, following the instructions, I only use a 1 inch X 1 inch chunk of wood. And the lid isn't all that tight anyway.

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 1, 2008
My guess here is the vegetarian/anal neighbors.  I went through that once.  They even called the fire department on me with no success.  I thumbed my nose at them and kept on making Q.  That was years ago and things have changed now.  I doubt if switching fuels will help if your neighbors don't like the smell of cooking meat.  I would look for a new place to live.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
My guess here is the vegetarian/anal neighbors.  I went through that once.  They even called the fire department on me with no success.  I thumbed my nose at them and kept on making Q.  That was years ago and things have changed now.  I doubt if switching fuels will help if your neighbors don't like the smell of cooking meat.  I would look for a new place to live.

I have the graces of the Henderson FD for now. 18" away from a structure and i"m good to go with electric smoker.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
 I have the graces of the Henderson FD for now. 18" away from a structure and i"m good to go with electric smoker.
Don't take any chances---Make it 18 1/4" !

A lot of "Our Qview" is at stake here !

silverwolf636

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 18, 2008
I heard a song bout things like that goin on. Only he called it Commy America.  It's gettin to the point that you can't fart without breakin some ordinance.

--ray--

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.