Just Got a New Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Connecticut
I found a small propane smoker called a Camp Chef Smoke Vault SMV24 I got for a good price. It's got 4 shelves 24" x 17" so it should give me a lot more space than the ECB until I can access the horizontal I started building. It won't take up much space either.

Maybe I can get it started before I go to work and get Jessie to feed it chips and do apple juice sprizts while I'm at work! Yeah! I like that idea!

icon_smile.gif

Hmmmmmmmmm what's the abveviation for this one? CCSV?

Congrats Debi, I just checked them out on line and it looks like a mighty fine cooker!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I'm sure you will have this one packed out with all kinds of goodies in no time flat!!
icon_wink.gif

Just checked it out, looks good...looks heavier than the GOSM. Not too cheap on the web! Can't wait to see what you pack in there!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Congrats Debi!!! Can you provide us some pictures with the doors open? Also, how about giving us a price and where you purchased it? I hope you have many happy cooks.

Jazzspot -

I will take Pictures for you when it gets here. Should be Friday. I got one one the last 3 at Amazon.com for $289. My local ACE hardware sells it for $489 it looked cool and I like that it's 24" wide. No more curling up briskets and ribs.

I did a click through the smoking meat store so I hope we get credit for it. I don't know exactly how that works.

I've never used anything but charcoal and wood so I'm a bit curious how the propane will work. Hopefully I'll be feeling better by Friday I've been home sick all week with a bug or something that kicking my butt (and it's not even a smoked butt)!

Thanks much for the info Debi. Now I'm on the fence for either buying the one you just bought or the King Kooker that Shell bought.
icon_question.gif

Sure hope your feeling better by the weekend. If so ,whatcha cooking for your maiden voyage?. I'm guessing one of those briskets you picked up and....????

Jazzspot -

I've been sitting on that fence for how long Shell?
I'm thinking since November?

I'll let you know how this works I came [----] close to buying the King Kooker when I ran into the Smoke Vault it's just a tad bit wider 24.5" x 17" x 31" with a 25,000 BTU/hr. propane burner. Prices were very comparable but with free shipping from Amazon.... So it's a little bigger and in the middle for burners.

I was tempted to go with the King Kooker anywat because I have one of there turkey kookers and it's made strong. But he few extra inches won me over.

The extra few inches made the difference for me. Gotta fit my briskets and ribs in there ya know!

icon_biggrin.gif

Congratulation Debi, glad you got what you wanted. But isn't that what every woman says???

Let us know how it does for you!

Yep, that wider space is what's having me lean towards the Camp Chef. If it wasn't for you letting us know about the CC, I probably would have bought the King Kooker yesterday. Thanks a lot Debi for making my decision a little harder.
icon_wink.gif

Now I have to wait to hear your feedback on the pros and cons of the Camp Chef before I make my decision. But by then they'll be sold out and I will have to wait for them to restock.
icon_confused.gif

Theresa -

Would you believe I only have 2 briskets left? Cooked 3 last weekend! Easter bunny broght briskets this year ...
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

I will probably do a brisket and a piggy butt to start with ...

----------------------------------------

Piggy -
You are so BAD! I know I set myself up for that again! I'll definately let you know ...

----------------------------

Jazzspot -
There's another one I liked but it was twice the price Vermont Casting - double walled but like $600 - Yikes!

Sorry Jazz I've been agonizing over this too for a while not even sure how I found this thing it just popped up while I was searching. Gotta wait until Friday before it comes but I'll put it together as soon as it comes for ya!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Debi, what were your reasons for not purchasing the GOSM Big Block? If you don't mind me asking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky