Just got a new MES from Sam's-Sgt Bluff, IA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sgtwalleye

Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
Sgt Bluff, IA
I've been smoking for quite a few years. I like doing ribs, butts, loins and jerky. I had been using a green mountain propane smoker prior to the MES, prior to that I've used charcoal smokers. I tried a pellet smoker last spring for a few weeks(lousiana). I liked the pellet smoker but the pellets get expensive and it seems it takes $20 worth to smoke a pork butt.

I liked the 40" MES because of the temp stability and I dont have to worry about burning anything like I did with the propane smoker. My propane smoker would char the edges of my jerky from time to time.

Last night I smoked a couple pork steaks, they were delicious! This morning I got a few wings on there for lunch and then I will put some ribs on after that for supper! It's my day off today so I plan to mow the grass while I smoke some good stuff!

Smoking some wings...

2d466a2f_ShelbyIphone275.jpg

I gotta thank my wife cuz she brought home for me! (after I hinted several times about wanting it)

I am looking forward to making some bacon and some sausage this summer!!

Welcome to the forums!  You will find a lot of great people here that have some great advice.  I have been smoking for about 2 years so I am still a Newbie at it!
icon_confused.gif
   Anyway good looking smoker!  I have a Brinkman deluxe smoker.

Welcome  I am also a newbie to smoking got a smokin-it model # 1 for Xmas this site has been my best asset as far as recipes and advice go.

And everybody loves the things I share especially the smoked shrimp & Salmon and my smoked cheese and smoked salmon dip

welcome1.gif
 to SMF . You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky