Just finished buildin my first smoker!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

91nite4x4

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Washington State
Have researching smokers for awhile, the more i looked the more I wanted to spend.

I decided to take that money, buy some materials and scrap parts from old grills etc.

Well Im up to about $400 in materials!

4afd3635_p_00403.jpg

The smokers dimensions are approx 30"w x 21"d x 65" tall and its on 2 1/2" industrial casters!

First day of build was June 28th 2011, I worked on it off and on about 4 to 5 days.

If I could have worked on non stop, I could have completed it in about 30 hrs

Here was day 1

f7e6fc0d_p_00384.jpg

Day 2

0e91f3d9_p_00388.jpg

Day 3 interior

e458116b_p_00390.jpg

651ec5eb_p_00399.jpg

Diamond plate on inside of door just to show off.

60b7fb1f_p_00401.jpg

Sprayed the shelving and walls with food grade silicon spray.

Then on July 3rd 2011 with the interior done I fired up the gas burner in the bottom, put some Hickory in a large cake pan and made smoke, LOTS OF SMOKE! went with a 4 hr burn and raised the temp up and done 150-300 checkin the unit for any signs of stress! cant wait to dress up the outside some more but first Im gonna smoke some meat for tomorrows Independence Day celebrations!

8d5c9860_p_00402.jpg

Friends and neighbors aware of the new smoker are already placing orders.

Guess I'll have to quit the day job of buildin full size house and go to buildin smokehouses!

good lookin smoker......watch the grease and you will be fine.

Startin up some Back Ribs in early morning on the 4th to take out to the big partay and shhot off a lot of (ahem) artillery hehe. Being a fan of smoke and fire as a celebratory thing, (food/entertainment) its a great day!

Ribs are are marinatin in some great northwest made micro brew and some rub and then gettin smoked with a northwest mix of wood chips!

I'll post the hangover ridden results on tues!

GOOD SMOKIN TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD 4TH!

NITE

Reactions: fishwrestler
Smokin multiple meats to sample and see how well this baby does.

Pork ribs went on 1.5 hrs before the Beef ribs...both sets of ribs are at about 165 deg right now will drop the temp from 225 to about 195 till the right tenderness is achieved

This smoker is amazing! Im either lucky or I actually knew what I was doing when I built it. Once I got the thing up to temp, I never had to adjust the temp control once in the 5 hours it was smokin. Wish I would have takin pics of the meat but was in a hurry to get it to the party! Somebody was snappin pictures of everyone goin crazy over the meat samples.

Needless to say, if you're the guy bringin the meat, you are the party!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky