Just finished buildin my first smoker!

Discussion in 'Smoke Houses' started by 91nite4x4, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Have researching smokers for awhile, the more i looked the more I wanted to spend.

I decided to take that money, buy some materials and scrap parts from old grills etc.

Well Im up to about $400 in materials!

[​IMG]

The smokers dimensions are approx 30"w x 21"d x 65" tall and its on 2 1/2" industrial casters!

First day of build was June 28th 2011, I worked on it off and on about 4 to 5 days.

If I could have worked on non stop, I could have completed it in about 30 hrs

Here was day 1

[​IMG]

Day 2

[​IMG]

Day 3 interior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Diamond plate on inside of door just to show off.

[​IMG]

Sprayed the shelving and walls with food grade silicon spray.

Then on July 3rd 2011 with the interior done I fired up the gas burner in the bottom, put some Hickory in a large cake pan and made smoke, LOTS OF SMOKE! went with a 4 hr burn and raised the temp up and done 150-300 checkin the unit for any signs of stress! cant wait to dress up the outside some more but first Im gonna smoke some meat for tomorrows Independence Day celebrations!

[​IMG]

Friends and neighbors aware of the new smoker are already placing orders.

Guess I'll have to quit the day job of buildin full size house and go to buildin smokehouses!

2. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    good lookin smoker......watch the grease and you will be fine.

3. captturbo

captturbo Smoke Blower

That really does have a nice old time look.

4. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice build!

Good luck and good smoking.

5. Now thats the best home built smoker I ever did see,you should be dang proud of your self partner!!!!

6. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Someday! [​IMG]

7. Thanks "Partner", it looks like we're from the same neck of the PNW woods (Im on the west side)

Regards,

NITE

8. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Now that looks really good. Got some class to it...Great job !!!

9. Startin up some Back Ribs in early morning on the 4th to take out to the big partay and shhot off a lot of (ahem) artillery hehe. Being a fan of smoke and fire as a celebratory thing, (food/entertainment) its a great day!

Ribs are are marinatin in some great northwest made micro brew and some rub and then gettin smoked with a northwest mix of wood chips!

I'll post the hangover ridden results on tues!

GOOD SMOKIN TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD 4TH!

NITE

fishwrestler likes this.
  10. fishwrestler

fishwrestler Smoking Fanatic Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Looks great nice work.

Robert

11. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice Build...

12. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Very nice build. I could see that in my backyard.

13. yankee in ua

yankee in ua Fire Starter

Wish I HAD a backyard to put one just like it in.  Nice piece of work there.

14. tom37

tom37 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Fantastic looking build.

Nice work!!! 

15. Smokin multiple meats to sample and see how well this baby does.

Pork ribs went on 1.5 hrs before the Beef ribs...both sets of ribs are at about 165 deg right now will drop the temp from 225 to about 195 till the right tenderness is achieved

16. This smoker is amazing! Im either lucky or I actually knew what I was doing when I built it. Once I got the thing up to temp, I never had to adjust the temp control once in the 5 hours it was smokin. Wish I would have takin pics of the meat but was in a hurry to get it to the party! Somebody was snappin pictures of everyone goin crazy over the meat samples.

Needless to say, if you're the guy bringin the meat, you are the party!

17. Nice smokehouse. Really  nice. That would be real nice for makin bacon in.

18. That is one nice Smoker.

What do you have inside for the lining?

Karl

19. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

This is a great looking smoker i love the look of the hinges   [​IMG]

20. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

X2