• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Just finished 2 pulled pork sammies!

eppo

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 17, 2011
On sunday I through a pork butt in with my beef. Are the beef for dinner, pulled and bagged the pork and though em in the freezer. Today I took the meat, drizzled on some of jeff's bbq sauce heated it up, damn, some good flavor! Lady time I put some finishing sauce on before I froze, they were damn good, but this way you really get to taste the pork. Smoked with hickory this time, I like its taste better than mesquite.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

reardenreturns

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 1, 2011
I'd agree with you on that. I definitely prefer hickory over mesquite on pork, but prefer cherry or apple even better on it. Delicate flavor complements the meat perfectly.

eppo

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 17, 2011
Definitely got to get my hands on some apple chunks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

fourashleys

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 28, 2010
I like hickory for pork but I have started using pear and maple mix now. Love what it does for PP and ribs.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.