JUST ANOTHER QUESTION

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Do you add flavored wood  to the offset smokers??

Like the avatar

4ad0b41f_20110112124.jpg

IS MY LITTLE FRENCH GIRL

I went Quebec to get her name Villi

She is VMC Black doe

I  also have broken orange tort doe

Yours is cutie pie also

Last edited:
LOL, then I would suppose all wood is flavored in some way.  And you can at those to any smoker, not just an offset.

Flavoring wood could be interesting, but it all goes up in smoke. Kinda like adding beer to your water. You're really not going to taste the beer.
Flash are you ever off base. One never adds beer or wine to water. You put it on the chips. And i always taste the beer and or wine while adding it to the chips.
beercheer.gif

All joking aside though. I have added wine and beer to my wood chips and i have often wondered does it taste better because i know i added it and would i really notice the difference in a blind test. Probably not. So save the beer for me and use water for the moister.

Karl

Flash are you ever off base. One never adds beer or wine to water. You put it on the chips. And i always taste the beer and or wine while adding it to the chips.
beercheer.gif

All joking aside though. I have added wine and beer to my wood chips and i have often wondered does it taste better because i know i added it and would i really notice the difference in a blind test. Probably not. So save the beer for me and use water for the moister.

Karl

I will add my onion scraps to the firebox when prepping, does it work? I like to think so. But I act like I know what I'm doing when friends are over, they'll say hey that's a good idea as i am prepping and throwing the scraps in the firebox, I just smile.

I will add my onion scraps to the firebox when prepping, does it work? I like to think so. But I act like I know what I'm doing when friends are over, they'll say hey that's a good idea as i am prepping and throwing the scraps in the firebox, I just smile.
Yea ditto. I used to buy a Box of wine to soak my wood chips in. It did make me feel good and most people would be impressed and say it taste better but now i am not so sure. Mind over matter etc, I have put some maple syrup on chips with the water and i think i tasted maple.

But then again i used to think cooking a hamburger on a grill was BBQing.

Karl

beercheer.gif

Karl

Karl, the only time I am off base is when my wife hasn't straighten me out yet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky