Just Another Apple Wood Smoked Rack O' Ribs with Qview

Discussion in 'Pork' started by chef willie, Aug 26, 2011.

1. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Last slab of the Costco 2 rack pack. Did a Yoshida pour over and then the rub for the overnight marinade. Decided on a straight 6 vs the 3-2-1 but allowed extra time for the meaty rack. Had the gasser at 225-230 and slid the rack in at 11 AM wanting to eat at 6. Used unsoaked apple wood chunks to compliment the pork and not overpower the light teriyaki taste I was looking for. No spritzing or foiling, it was VERY HOT and I was lazy. I set it and forgot it. Pulled the rack after about 6.5 hours to rest a bit. I was a little concerned as they looked a tad dry but when I cut through them they sliced like butter and were moist inside with just the right amount of tug off the bone. The Yoshida gave them a nice hint of teri and the rub provided some nice zing....seems I nailed it and the extra time helped just right.

ready for the overnight

[​IMG]

after overnight marinade

[​IMG]

after 6.5 hours

[​IMG]

one for the Bear

[​IMG]

2. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

[​IMG]

Man, love it[​IMG]   Gimme some,please......

3. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice looking ribs!

Good luck and good smoking.

4. davidhef88

davidhef88 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

you just made me really hungry.  those look great.  Still trying to decide what I'm gonna smoke Sun.  I may go for my first chuckie.

5. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That looks Great, Willie !!!

Nice BearView too !!!!

It looks soooo Chooooosy, by golly!!!!!!  [​IMG]

Thanks,

Bear

6. Nice and tender and very juicey awesome[​IMG]

7. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice - we have not had a  Yoshidas post for a long time. Old timers will remember that was RonP's go to. RIP

8. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great job on the ribs Willie!

The look deliciously juicy & tender!

9. nwdave

nwdave Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Beautiful color.  I really like the KISS principle being used.  Yoshida's really works with Spares and a lot of other pork meat cuts. 

10. Nice looking ribs.  I have a stick burner, can't do the set it and forget routine.  How do you slice the ribs when your don't trim first, maybe the same way as trim just after they are done?

11. Nah...I just cut up along the rib then through the cartilage, two to a cut...I've tried lots of different trim styles and that is really easy, fast, and tasty!

12. teeznuts

teeznuts Master of the Pit

Nice smoke! Haven't used yoshidas in a while but it's good stuff.