Just an update to my where abouts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tom37

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 24, 2009
Independence Mo
Just figured I would let ya all know I'm still around. I wish my spare time was used smoking or even reading here. 

But right now its all about getting my diesel P.U. up and running so I can tote my trailer around. And once thats done I have to finish the big trailer. Theres not alot to do, just little stuff that takes time. 

The 30th of this month I am heading north to a little comp and then a little farther north to my dads for a cook the very next weekend. 

One little catch to the whole plan is that my son,(that lives with his mom) is going to both comps with me. Then to grandpa's for the week between the two cooks. 

So I get a call the other day from him saying that he wants to bring his slightly modified honda 300 with him to grandpa's. No big deal, just need a place to haul it. 

It looks like its gonna get loaded on the front porch of the BBQ rig. I will be sure to post pics. 

I could just load it in my pickup but that still doesn't make the trip to grandpa's. So on the trailer it will go. 

Catch ya all soon I hope.

Good luck with getting things all ready and with the events. I'll look forward to some Qview when you get the chance

Good luck in the comps. 
icon14.gif

Thanks guys.

And to Joel, LMAO the shop is the driveway, and the neighbors are getting pissy. I just can't understand why they would complain about the 1/2" impact at 9:45...........Surprise for them at 8:00 tomorrow morning.

For the truck, I am adding springs to the front pacs then I have to get all the grease and oil off the motor and exhaust, Once I get my exhaust temps up, I leave quite a smoke cloud. No sketters near my truck thats for sure.

Its not the greatest truck in the world, but, its cheep to work on unlike the power strokes. And way way cheeper to wrench on then the cummings.

I am leaning toward burning waste motor oil in the warmer months. Start it on diesel and warm it up, switch to filtered waste oil, drive for free, switch it back to diesel and shut it down. 

I hope to pull a solid 20 mpg running diesel. These old motors aren't big power houses, and they aren't race cars, but they are efficient. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky