just a regular ol' Pepperoni Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigheaded

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 14, 2021
Philippines
It's kind of insane when I think about for how I paid for the Ooni Karu 16 with propane burner I could have almost bought TWO Gravity 560's. Or mine + all the LSS mods. Anywho, this was my 1st time using a new simpler dough recipe + trying out a LED light photobox so my pics look less ghetto lol.

Dough's from the famous Joe's Pizzeria in NYC.

HG flour
57% hydration
2.7% salt
1.5% sugar
.4% ADY

did a 38ish hour CF.

7-11 ground tomatoes sauce with a bunch of sugar added
Gilbani LMWM Mozz
Boar's Head Pepperoni.

Dough recipe is super basic compared to the normal one I do, I normally go with a much higher hydration so this was super easy to work with. Was shooting for a 6.5 minute bake at around 600f. I always kinda struggle to keep the oven at the temp I want. So it ended up being 5 minutes. Awesome crust with good crunch. The other dough recipe I use *MIGHT* be slightly better overall, but it's a lot more involved. I just got a new Bosch Universal Plus mixer so I can't wait to try it and see how much better this dough is. Was thin and had very little flop.

I still can't figure out why pizza ovens cost so much in comparison to a smoker. even the "cheaper" small Ooni costs almost as much as my Gravity 560 did. I make 5-8 pizzas a week, and am gonna start making 20-30, so it was a decent investment.

Attachments

• pizzatoday.jpg
    pizzatoday.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 38
  • tonight_bottom.jpg
    tonight_bottom.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 38
Nice looking pie! Would love to see the ooni in action next time you throw one together.

That's a good idea actually, only problem is I sold it and bought a Halo Versa 16. A cool new oven with a rotating pizza stone. It'll make my pies much more consistant and hay it's a new toy. But it would probably be much more interesting to make a video of the Versa in action than the Ooni anyways.

Gonna make pizzas this week I'll make a video and take some pics, the 1st bake in a new oven is always an adventure lol.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky