Just a coupla guy's trynna smoke some meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigtimemeatguy

Original poster
Jan 28, 2020
I live in Northern Virginia in an apartment and the lease doesn't allow us to have our own smokers on the property. Any ideas on where I can take my wood burning offset smoker to do some cooks?

not familiar with your area but is there a state park around you that allows grilling. does your complex allow electric smokers, some do. just a possible idea.

Reactions: JC in GB
Where in Va are you I might just say come on over. Hahaha.
Good suggestion try some of the parks.

By the way welcome to the forum glad to have you on board.

Warren

not familiar with your area but is there a state park around you that allows grilling. does your complex allow electric smokers, some do. just a possible idea.

I've done a bit of research on parks but it looks like there's size limits for a lot of the parks. Have you seen any smoking being done in parks?

Where in Va are you I might just say come on over. Hahaha.
Good suggestion try some of the parks.

By the way welcome to the forum glad to have you on board.

Warren

Haha, in Northern Va near DC. Space is hard to come by around here I guess.

Thank you, Happy to be here!

Reactions: JC in GB
Maybe a campground if there's one around

I've done a bit of research on parks but it looks like there's size limits for a lot of the parks. Have you seen any smoking being done in parks?
i've never personally seen anyone smoking, but here in pa grilling is permitted so I would assume smokers are welcome also, could be wrong and not sure about Virginia.

Haha, in Northern Va near DC. Space is hard to come by around here I guess.

Thank you, Happy to be here!
So you should be near Great Falls Park, they allow grilling but no open campfires. I would think a smoker would "fly" there and it is such a great place to go.

If u haven't received an actual warning or complaint...just saying my apt is same.. buy a cover smoke at off hours LOL.
grill.jpg

I live in Northern Virginia in an apartment and the lease doesn't allow us to have our own smokers on the property. Any ideas on where I can take my wood burning offset smoker to do some cooks?

Simple just tell them it's not yours. It's your parents smoker.

Chris

If it's on a trailer, then I would think any park that allows grilling would permit smoking too. Or is it small enough to get it in the back of a pickup. Most of the parks in Florida have on site grills & I have seen people with smokers there too. At any State park in FL it would be allowed.
Al

I'm amazed at the replies stating to try and bend the rules. They are in place for a reason and violation could be costly. I'm a landlord and a violation is just cause to vacate you from the property.
I know they may have been meant in fun but if you are not a landlord you have no idea things that go on trying to bend the rules. No smokers could very well be a fire code violation and costly to both tenant and landlord. Just my $.02.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky