June 2010 Throwdown Voting Poll

Discussion in 'SMF Throwdowns' started by sumosmoke, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Bird nest = Hash browns in a muffin tin topped with egg and a little magic dust

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Smoked potato pizza

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Stuffed white sweet potato with smoked tomatoes, smoked bacon, and roasted green chili's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Smoked Homemade Polish Sausage, Saurkraut, Tater, Pierogi with Fresh herbs and roasted baby zebra st

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Smoked potato with cheeses, bacon, sour cream, garlic, onion, oregano

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Potato coin hash browns, eggs, and jalapeños

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Hickory Smoked Shepherds Pie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Steak-stuffed, smoked, garlic mashed potato log

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Bacon Wrapped Cheese Tater Balls, Chile Verde, Mushroom, Onion, Tater Skins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Bacon wrapped gold baked potato stuffed with cheese and mushrooms

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Entry #1 has been disqualified for violation of rule #5

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  2. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

I had a good one but I thought of it a bit late,  salisbury steak fattie stuffed with mashed tators and covered in mushroom gravy!!  Talk about comfort food!

3. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

OK, This is all messed up, the plates don't match the numbers. I say start all over.What number is what?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  4. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

If you read the first post by sumosmoke it states that the first two are not represented in the Poll.. That is because the poll will only accept 10 questions I presume...  Also #1 has been disqualified for rules violations.  The poll starts with plate #3 to vote for #2 you  must PM Sumosmoke...

5. sumosmoke

All - the plate numbers never matched the poll numbers to start with. That, in itself, was my mistake.

As for starting over, entries represented in the poll were not affected by deleting entry #1, therefore let the voting continue.

6. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Found this back on page 5 ??

Only 33 total votes?

Bump

7. bogeoklein

bogeoklein Newbie

Hey Bearcarver, did you actually smoke all those different items in your pizza?  If you did, you have my vote hands down!! That is some smokin' pizza!

8. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

If that was mine, how would a newbie know that.

9. bbally

bbally Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Don't know.. when I get PMd if one is mine I just tell em it ain't important, just vote for the one they like.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  10. meateater

Alright, just making sure I can still count. [​IMG]  Some days I'm the hydrant.

11. sumosmoke

If it helps, the entries in the poll are pretty darn near, if not exact, the same as the descriptions above the pictures.

12. sumosmoke

Bogeoklein - please go to the Roll Call section and introduce yourself. Interesting that your first post would be to try and take an anonymous poll and allege that an entry belongs to a particular member.

13. sumosmoke

Another bump for the poll!

And, another reminder that Entry #2 is not represented on the poll. Please send me a PM if you'd like to vote for this entry!

2. Smoked potato double stuffed with bacon, yellow and orange bell pepper, cheese, wrapped with flank steak topped with gravy. **Entry is not represented in poll, please PM Sumosmoke to vote for this item!!**

[​IMG]

14. sumosmoke

Please note: due to recent (greatly appreciated) feedback, I've re-numbered the entries in the original throwdown post, to correlate with the poll #s.

For those that have additional thoughts/questions, please send a PM my way.

Happy 4th of July to all!

15. meateater

I will disqualify myself until this gets resolved.  I am # 9 on the poll and # 11 in the pic. No hard feelings. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  16. sumosmoke

I am sorry you felt the need to disqualify yourself. If you look at the orignal thread #1, I edited the numbers of the entries to correlate with the positions in the poll, as you requested earlier. What is reflected in replies of the post when the #s did not match, is something I cannot control.

To others that may have difficulty putting the post together with the poll #, please let me know. I don't want anybody to feel as though they can't vote in this month's poll because the voting does not make sense.

17. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

i truly enjoy these throwdowns and get my entire family involved with them and get ideas to make,  we spend time testing and shooting  pictures and tasting,   but i agree that this months throwdown is a sham  ( last months was bad, we did not even get to see which entries were whose and what individual scores were)    my entry    #2  is not even included on the poll so noone an see how it compares to others and noone can vote for it unless they take the extra effort to figure out how to vote for it then they have to PM a vote in,   i think the format must be changed if this site wants to compete with the other big sites.  if this site is such a large site then why can only ten entries be allowed to enter?  what is the advantage of moving forward with new software if it cannot handle becoming a large site?

i am with meateater and will disqualify myself from this throwdown

and any future ones unless a format can be made to make it equal

how can all these entries be listted with numbers that dont even match the photos?

18. sumosmoke

For the 3rd time, the original thread #1 has the poll #s matching the entry #s. In fact, the poll doesn't even have #s to represent the entries. Except for yours, Rick, which is listed at the top, and has had updates via the thread when I have received votes on behalf of your entry. I have even re-bumped the thread with your entry, again, to make sure people are seeing it.

I apologize for that you felt your entry needed to be revealed, and thus disqualified.

For those that may be concerned with the pictures via the poll, they now, match the positions in the original thread.

19. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Because the platform was set to have up to 10 choices in a poll no more so that means Huddler will need to make a change to allow more for us. That is something that is not instantly done and since it wasn't discovered until Sumosmoke tried to do this months poll just before a long holiday weekend she did the best she could with what she had to work with.

20. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

piney  dont mistake my comments,   i have not commentented against sumo at all,   i was just pointing out that the format needs to be changed so all entries are on a equal platform