June 2010 Throwdown Voting Poll

Discussion in 'SMF Throwdowns' started by sumosmoke, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Bird nest = Hash browns in a muffin tin topped with egg and a little magic dust

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Smoked potato pizza

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Stuffed white sweet potato with smoked tomatoes, smoked bacon, and roasted green chili's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Smoked Homemade Polish Sausage, Saurkraut, Tater, Pierogi with Fresh herbs and roasted baby zebra st

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Smoked potato with cheeses, bacon, sour cream, garlic, onion, oregano

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Potato coin hash browns, eggs, and jalapeños

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Hickory Smoked Shepherds Pie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Steak-stuffed, smoked, garlic mashed potato log

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Bacon Wrapped Cheese Tater Balls, Chile Verde, Mushroom, Onion, Tater Skins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Bacon wrapped gold baked potato stuffed with cheese and mushrooms

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Let the voting begin for the Spud Throwdown!

The contestants did their job by thinking outside of the box and creating some delicious looking treats, all with SPUDS! Thank you to all that participated, and to those that thought about it. [​IMG]

Please note that the poll allows 10 entries and this month, we had 12. The first two entries will not be represented in the poll but can still receive votes!!! If anyone wants to vote for the 2 items that are not on the poll, please send me a PM with that vote. I realize that this can be painstaking but I will work with the Admins to see if we can increase the amount of lines we have in a poll. Until then, please accept this workaround.

Only 1 vote per SMF member. Votes are due by midnight EST 7/7/10!!

Entry #1 has been disqualified from the Throwdown - due to Rule #5.

Entry #2 withdrew from the Throwdown 7.3.10

1. Bird nest = Hash browns in a muffin tin topped with egg and a little magic dust. Smoked with plum wood & J.D.sausage patties topped with cheese. Served with Texas Toast.

[​IMG]

2. Smoked potato pizza: Cold-smoked potatoes, baked, sliced, pan browned, and arranged into a circular pizza crust. Topped with smoked mozzarella & cherry tomatoes on the entire pizza, except half of the top one, to show viewers the potato slices. All additional toppings are smoked. They are (clockwise, starting at 3 O'clock)---Belly Bacon, Smoked Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, Venison Bacon, Venison Sausage, and Buckboard Bacon.

[​IMG]

3. Stuffed white sweet potato. Filled with smoke dried tomatoes and chopped applewood smoked bacon bits and roasted green chili's.

[​IMG]

4. Smoked homemade polish sausage, saurkraut, tater filled pierogi with fresh herbs and roasted baby zebra striped beets

[​IMG]

5. Smoked potato with cheeses, bacon, sour cream, garlic, onion, oregano

[​IMG]

6. Potato coin hash browns, eggs, and jalapeños smoke at 250° with pecan

[​IMG]

7. Hickory Smoked Shepherds Pie

[​IMG]

8. Steak-stuffed, smoked, garlic mashed potato log

[​IMG]

9. Withdrew from TD

10. Idaho baking potato stuffed with gold potatoes, and cheese and mushroom

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  2. walle

walle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Way to go, everyone!  I totally drew a blank on what the heck could you do with a potato??? So I sat this one out.

Then DANG!!! I guess I need to be a LOT more creative cuz you guys definitely can think outside the box!!!

ALRIGHT SMF - get in here an vote to show your support of these folks who stepped up!!!!!!!!!!

3. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Me to I drew a blank and couldn't't come up with anything that I thought could even place. Now you folks have defiantly showed your creativity for sure. I really like the many different dishes that you folks have come up with. Yet again it will be a difficult decision on my vote.

4. sumosmoke

Please note that the last poll option is listed incorrectly. It should read "Idaho baking potato stuffed with gold potatoes, and cheese and mushroom".

The caption above the picture has been updated.

5. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

These entries prove that even Potatoes aren't safe from being targeted by creative smokers!

Very interesting and unique products.

Bearcarver

6. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    nice job guys!!!!!!!!!!!

7. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Those are some very creative and impressive entries, my congrats to all the participants. It's all good my friend.

8. sumosmoke

Since the poll provides how many votes each entry has received (so far), I'll provide updates on entries #1 and #2 as votes are received, since those votes must be PMed to me.

Entry #2 has received 2 votes

Entry #1 has received 0 votes

9. rio_grande

rio_grande Smoking Fanatic

I have to say regardless of how this turns out I want the shepards pie recipe.

:)

10. bbally

bbally Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very nice work people

11. smoke_chef

smoke_chef Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I'd like to to read a post about the mashed potato log when the time is right.

Kudos to all... Not a bad entry in the whole bunch. Well done.

12. bbally

bbally Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I really like the amount of young summer vegetables showing up in the dishes!!

13. daddyzaring

daddyzaring Smoking Fanatic

I am looking forward to seeing the recipe for that sheperds pie too.

14. brokenwing

brokenwing Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

wow way to go everyone, i love the creativity this site has.  when you think you have seen it all, you have not lol.  good luck.

15. caveman

caveman Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

First of all, I would like to "Thank" Laurel for her great work in hitting the ground running with the throwdown.  Outstanding job you are doing there.  Keep up the good work.

Secondly, "So many Great choices, so little votes."  Can't we vote for two?

Congrats to all the entries.  There are no losers here.  Everyone is a winner.  Now, I third the motion for the Shepard pie recipe & I make a motion for the recipe's to all of the rest of the entries as well. THEY ALL LOOK TASTY!!!  GEEZ, I CAN'T WAIT FOR SMELL & TASTE-A-VISION!!!!!

16. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Be careful what you wish for... you might end-up with a deoderant or soap commercial!

17. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Bump

18. Some very good looking entries this month.

I would like to show an non half eaten pic of mine. I got a little to excited to try it and left the code word out.

[​IMG]

19. mythmaster

mythmaster Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Everything looks awesome, y'all -- it's a tough call, for sure!!  I'm trying not to just vote with my taste buds since I'm such a picky eater, so I'm gonna have to think on this one for a little while.

[​IMG]

20. Great looking plates everyone. I can't wait to see the money shot of them pierogis.