June 2010 Throwdown Voting Poll

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which entry earns your vote for the June 2010 Throwdown?

• Bird nest = Hash browns in a muffin tin topped with egg and a little magic dust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smoked potato pizza

• Stuffed white sweet potato with smoked tomatoes, smoked bacon, and roasted green chili's

• Smoked Homemade Polish Sausage, Saurkraut, Tater, Pierogi with Fresh herbs and roasted baby zebra st

• Smoked potato with cheeses, bacon, sour cream, garlic, onion, oregano

• Potato coin hash browns, eggs, and jalapeños

• Hickory Smoked Shepherds Pie

• Steak-stuffed, smoked, garlic mashed potato log

• Bacon Wrapped Cheese Tater Balls, Chile Verde, Mushroom, Onion, Tater Skins

• Bacon wrapped gold baked potato stuffed with cheese and mushrooms

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sumosmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 29, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Let the voting begin for the Spud Throwdown!

The contestants did their job by thinking outside of the box and creating some delicious looking treats, all with SPUDS! Thank you to all that participated, and to those that thought about it.
smile.gif

Please note that the poll allows 10 entries and this month, we had 12. The first two entries will not be represented in the poll but can still receive votes!!! If anyone wants to vote for the 2 items that are not on the poll, please send me a PM with that vote. I realize that this can be painstaking but I will work with the Admins to see if we can increase the amount of lines we have in a poll. Until then, please accept this workaround.

Only 1 vote per SMF member. Votes are due by midnight EST 7/7/10!!

Entry #1 has been disqualified from the Throwdown - due to Rule #5.

Entry #2 withdrew from the Throwdown 7.3.10

1. Bird nest = Hash browns in a muffin tin topped with egg and a little magic dust. Smoked with plum wood & J.D.sausage patties topped with cheese. Served with Texas Toast.

3d3a78c6_Birds%20nests.jpg

2. Smoked potato pizza: Cold-smoked potatoes, baked, sliced, pan browned, and arranged into a circular pizza crust. Topped with smoked mozzarella & cherry tomatoes on the entire pizza, except half of the top one, to show viewers the potato slices. All additional toppings are smoked. They are (clockwise, starting at 3 O'clock)---Belly Bacon, Smoked Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, Venison Bacon, Venison Sausage, and Buckboard Bacon.

f7c1b7cc_Smoked%20Pizza.jpg

3. Stuffed white sweet potato. Filled with smoke dried tomatoes and chopped applewood smoked bacon bits and roasted green chili's.

80e24427_CHINESEJUNK016.jpg

4. Smoked homemade polish sausage, saurkraut, tater filled pierogi with fresh herbs and roasted baby zebra striped beets

afa5ce97_Pierogie.jpg

5. Smoked potato with cheeses, bacon, sour cream, garlic, onion, oregano

96da9f94_Stuffed%20potato%20with%20sour%20cream.jpg

6. Potato coin hash browns, eggs, and jalapeños smoke at 250° with pecan

5568a54c_Potato%20Coin%20Casserole.jpg

7. Hickory Smoked Shepherds Pie

89f41d54_Shepherds%20Pie.jpg

8. Steak-stuffed, smoked, garlic mashed potato log

98c91bd2_Smoked%20potato%20log.jpg

9. Withdrew from TD

10. Idaho baking potato stuffed with gold potatoes, and cheese and mushroom

9983416a_5806660c_IMG_4607.jpg

Last edited:
Way to go, everyone!  I totally drew a blank on what the heck could you do with a potato??? So I sat this one out.

Then DANG!!! I guess I need to be a LOT more creative cuz you guys definitely can think outside the box!!!

ALRIGHT SMF - get in here an vote to show your support of these folks who stepped up!!!!!!!!!!

cool.gif

Me to I drew a blank and couldn't't come up with anything that I thought could even place. Now you folks have defiantly showed your creativity for sure. I really like the many different dishes that you folks have come up with. Yet again it will be a difficult decision on my vote.

Please note that the last poll option is listed incorrectly. It should read "Idaho baking potato stuffed with gold potatoes, and cheese and mushroom".

The caption above the picture has been updated.

These entries prove that even Potatoes aren't safe from being targeted by creative smokers!

Very interesting and unique products.

Bearcarver

Those are some very creative and impressive entries, my congrats to all the participants. It's all good my friend.

Since the poll provides how many votes each entry has received (so far), I'll provide updates on entries #1 and #2 as votes are received, since those votes must be PMed to me.

Entry #2 has received 2 votes

Entry #1 has received 0 votes

I'd like to to read a post about the mashed potato log when the time is right.

Kudos to all... Not a bad entry in the whole bunch. Well done.

Please note that the last poll option is listed incorrectly. It should read "Idaho baking potato stuffed with gold potatoes, and cheese and mushroom".

The caption above the picture has been updated.
First of all, I would like to "Thank" Laurel for her great work in hitting the ground running with the throwdown.  Outstanding job you are doing there.  Keep up the good work.

Secondly, "So many Great choices, so little votes."  Can't we vote for two?

Congrats to all the entries.  There are no losers here.  Everyone is a winner.  Now, I third the motion for the Shepard pie recipe & I make a motion for the recipe's to all of the rest of the entries as well. THEY ALL LOOK TASTY!!!  GEEZ, I CAN'T WAIT FOR SMELL & TASTE-A-VISION!!!!!

First of all, I would like to "Thank" Laurel for her great work in hitting the ground running with the throwdown.  Outstanding job you are doing there.  Keep up the good work.

Secondly, "So many Great choices, so little votes."  Can't we vote for two?

Congrats to all the entries.  There are no losers here.  Everyone is a winner.  Now, I third the motion for the Shepard pie recipe & I make a motion for the recipe's to all of the rest of the entries as well. THEY ALL LOOK TASTY!!!  GEEZ, I CAN'T WAIT FOR SMELL & TASTE-A-VISION!!!!!
Be careful what you wish for... you might end-up with a deoderant or soap commercial!

Some very good looking entries this month.

I would like to show an non half eaten pic of mine. I got a little to excited to try it and left the code word out.

82cbd862_PICT1186.jpg

Everything looks awesome, y'all -- it's a tough call, for sure!!  I'm trying not to just vote with my taste buds since I'm such a picky eater, so I'm gonna have to think on this one for a little while.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky