Joke Section

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
And there it is,,,,,,,,
Why in the world would any world view really need to be posted here on these forums? A plethora of sites on the webs to read politics or opinions on them. This place is just for food related conversation with a little personal added in, but once you add politics or religion you start dividing people. I don’t care your politics or religion when talking food,,,, it matters not. Food tastes the same either side.

Im glad you landed here, on one of the best smoking, curing meat forums on the webs. You might learn a thing or two that will bump your cooking game, but no politics or religion will make a recipe better or worse. Just no need to go there.

Couldn't say it better than that !!!

Bear

Reactions: bigfurmn
Just think it would be nice for paying members to be able to freely discuss these items as well as long as they aren’t doing it in a blatantly disrespectful way.

Here's my take on it. We all knew the rules when we joined, or at least shortly thereafter. By the time any of us decided to get the Premier Membership, we certainly knew the rules. The membership is pretty clear about what it's for: to eliminate the ads...nothing more. Having paid for that option does not entitle us to a different set of rules for the forum. There are options for open discussions which would be PM's and/or email. Those can be utilized among forum members to share stuff that may be inappropriate for the public aspect and still retain the integrity of the public content. I know I have PM's going with a lot of different people but those are kept pretty clean, it's just info that others would see no point in. I will also admit to being on several email lists with forum members where things can get REALLY colorful at times. Believe me, I have spent my life in the construction industry and not a whole lot offends me being that I've seen and heard pretty much everything so I'm not overly sensitive, just respectful of how the forum is managed. I do agree however with keeping the content here on a family basis. There are a ton of people here who involve their children and grandchildren with what goes on in the forum and IMHO the content should be kept in a manner which parents and grandparents should not need to be concerned about. In addition, after quite a few years being involved in forums and news groups which always turned vile and toxic, it's refreshing to be involved in one which is so positive and respectful.

Robert

Here's my take on it. We all knew the rules when we joined, or at least shortly thereafter. By the time any of us decided to get the Premier Membership, we certainly knew the rules. The membership is pretty clear about what it's for: to eliminate the ads...nothing more. Having paid for that option does not entitle us to a different set of rules for the forum. There are options for open discussions which would be PM's and/or email. Those can be utilized among forum members to share stuff that may be inappropriate for the public aspect and still retain the integrity of the public content. I know I have PM's going with a lot of different people but those are kept pretty clean, it's just info that others would see no point in. I will also admit to being on several email lists with forum members where things can get REALLY colorful at times. Believe me, I have spent my life in the construction industry and not a whole lot offends me being that I've seen and heard pretty much everything so I'm not overly sensitive, just respectful of how the forum is managed. I do agree however with keeping the content here on a family basis. There are a ton of people here who involve their children and grandchildren with what goes on in the forum and IMHO the content should be kept in a manner which parents and grandparents should not need to be concerned about. In addition, after quite a few years being involved in forums and news groups which always turned vile and toxic, it's refreshing to be involved in one which is so positive and respectful.

Robert
Well said, Robert.

pineywoods pineywoods Nailed it when he said:
As for what's going on in our world some of our members come here to not think of that sort of thing for a little while and not have to read about it.
The rules are the same rules as they were when you joined the site.

Bear
Same rules huh, bear? Why don't you spend a little time going through the old jokes in the joke forum, to save the little one's from getting their delicate little feelings hurt???😒

In addition, after quite a few years being involved in forums and news groups which always turned vile and toxic, it's refreshing to be involved in one which is so positive and respectful.
This is EXACTLY my take on it and hope it stays this way. You'd think a fishing forum would be a decent place to hang out but...

You'd think a fishing forum would be a decent place to hang out but...

I completely understand. I used to hang out in a golfing forum (used to be pretty decent at the game). Was fun for a while, then it started getting popular, then it went to Hell in a galactic basket. That was the last forum I was involved with before finding SMF, and there was a good 15 year hiatus between the two. I just stayed away from all of them till finding this place.

Robert

I completely understand. I used to hang out in a golfing forum (used to be pretty decent at the game). Was fun for a while, then it started getting popular, then it went to Hell in a galactic basket. That was the last forum I was involved with before finding SMF, and there was a good 15 year hiatus between the two. I just stayed away from all of them till finding this place.

Robert
This and literally 2 other Forums are all I am involved with. This was my escape from daily life when I was lucky enough to find and join. It has been my respite from all of the evils in the World since I joined. Grateful every day for this Forum and all of the great people involved. The other 2 I'm in, 1 is a Frank Sinatra Forum, and they're even more strict, and the other is a Zippo collector's, I've literally not seen 1 inappropriate or political thing on that one, lol. If I haven't said it enough in the past, thank you Moderators and all that run this Forum, you have made a huge difference I hope it continues.

Personally, I haven't seen anything "offensive" on this site. Not sure what the hubbub is.
When my kids were on my lap there was no such thing as internet.
When I had the grandkids around the last thing I thought of was checking out SMF.
I'm sure there are very few under 18 folks around here.
I don't need someone telling me what's ok for me to see.
I can make the choice for myself what to click or not to click....

Reactions: forktender
This and literally 2 other Forums are all I am involved with. This was my escape from daily life when I was lucky enough to find and join. It has been my respite from all of the evils in the World since I joined. Grateful every day for this Forum and all of the great people involved. The other 2 I'm in, 1 is a Frank Sinatra Forum, and they're even more strict, and the other is a Zippo collector's, I've literally not seen 1 inappropriate or political thing on that one, lol. If I haven't said it enough in the past, thank you Moderators and all that run this Forum, you have made a huge difference I hope it continues.

Off Topic, but can I assume there are a lot of Vietnam Vets on that "Zippo Collector's" Forum???
I think we all had at least one.

Bear

Reactions: MJB05615
[QUOTE="forktender, post: 2307309, member: 23768"

Have you watched prime-time TV lately? Or seen the multi gender bathrooms at parks/ malls/ and schools? I'm offended by those far more than a racey cartoon or meme.

This site has gone to $h!t ever since money became the driving factor.
[/QUOTE]

See, you just proved why politics isn't allowed----Different people are offended by different things.

I find it interesting how a simple reminder got some worked up. I was always told that the ones that get worked usually are feeling its about them because they are breaking the rule.

In the end We come to SMF to escape the everyday world and dive into a hobby that relaxes us. If that means no politics and family friendly so be it. Yes the ads are there to keep the lights on. Premier memberships help alot and are appreciated in return you get a benefit of no ads as a thank you for supporting the electric bill.

Lets keep the politics off and jokes clean. We get enough of that everywhere we turn. Let SMF be a place to escape.

Happy Smoking all.

[QUOTE="forktender, post: 2307309, member: 23768"

Have you watched prime-time TV lately? Or seen the multi gender bathrooms at parks/ malls/ and schools? I'm offended by those far more than a racey cartoon or meme.

This site has gone to $h!t ever since money became the driving factor.

See, you just proved why politics isn't allowed----Different people are offended by different things.
[/QUOTE]
Bearcarver Bearcarver , There is not a damn thing wrong with people disagreeing with each other, it's called life.

Bear, I have nothing against you personally or anybody else here for that matter.
We are all here to learn and help others, this site is a good one, but it's changing lately.
Money got involved, so instead of being a hobby, it's become an income, which happens to many grassroots websites.

I just don't see the reason to bend over for other people's feelings, I'm not responsible for anyone's feeling, but my own. And I don't see why we have to pussyfoot around everyone's feelings or beliefs these days. What ever happened to if you don't like something someone is writing, don't freak'in read it, why should I or anybody else be responsible for other people's feelings? That's straight up retarded!!!
People are so thin skinned these days it's sickening!!!

It all comes down to money, what people don't understand is by posting or just viewing a forum they are supporting it, yes they make advertisement money from Google just by reading these forums. It's part of having access to the XenForo forums package deal, any forum that uses the XenForo platform, the one that this forum uses gets paid per "hit". Jason Axlrod, the owner of XenForo is a very wealthy man thanks to "US"!!!

I just don't see the need to try to please everyone all the time by making every forum vanilla, we all support this forum, it's obvious by how many years some of us have been around here.

I'll abide by the rules until they get to the point that I can't handle them any longer, but I'm not going to be quiet about things that make zero sense to me.

There are hundreds of other places to share and gather info, this isn't the only game in town.
If need be, I'll bow out, although I highly doubt that t will be gracefully.

That is all I'm going to say about this ever again, I'm done!!!
Rant, over!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan.

Last edited:
Leather Dress.jpg

Do you know why men like leather dresses???

It's because they smell like a new truck...

Last edited:
Off Topic, but can I assume there are a lot of Vietnam Vets on that "Zippo Collector's" Forum???
I think we all had at least one.

Bear
I haven't seen many Vietnam Vets on the Zippo Collector's Forum. There's a lot from all over the World, a lot from Germany, and several other Countries. I was recently looking for some Vietnam era Zippos on there, there were very few original ones available, there were a lot of Replicas, new ones, but I was looking for original ones that were actually used in Vietnam.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky