Johnny Ray Is Coming To Visit!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
What started out as a genuine offer to host a visit from an SMF member, I just got confirmation that Johnny Ray Johnny Ray will be coming to visit later this month. I'm very much looking forward to meeting he and his lovely bride. The icing on the cake is that I get the honor...privilege...of preparing a meal for them. This will me a mini throw-down done in true SMF fashion. We have not gotten the menu figured out yet and it may get a bit interesting because they will be here on a week night, but y'all can rest assured they are gonna get a top notch meal. Depending on what we decide to eat, I'm ready to take a day off from work if necessary to do an all day smoke. This is gonna be a kick in the a$$ and I cannot wait. You can also rest assured that there will be considerable photographic documentation which will be posted here.

Rolling out the red carpet,
Robert, Tracy, and the fat dog

Fh7.gif

That's awesome! No doubt Johnny will receive one top notch meal and true hospitality! Jealous for sure.

sounds like a nice time Robert, what i've seen of your cooks they are all pretty epic. can't wait to see what ya smoke up for this occasion.

What started out as a genuine offer to host a visit from an SMF member, I just got confirmation that Johnny Ray Johnny Ray will be coming to visit later this month. I'm very much looking forward to meeting he and his lovely bride. The icing on the cake is that I get the honor...privilege...of preparing a meal for them. This will me a mini throw-down done in true SMF fashion. We have not gotten the menu figured out yet and it may get a bit interesting because they will be here on a week night, but y'all can rest assured they are gonna get a top notch meal. Depending on what we decide to eat, I'm ready to take a day off from work if necessary to do an all day smoke. This is gonna be a kick in the a$$ and I cannot wait. You can also rest assured that there will be considerable photographic documentation which will be posted here.

Rolling out the red carpet,
Robert, Tracy, and the fat dog
We have been planning our Texas trip since 2019. We had it scheduled for this same time period back in 2020 but as you know the World changed when it was introduced to COVID. Needless to say I have been looking forward to this trip for a long time.
My excitement level has certainly been ratcheted up a lot with you generous invitation.
Looking forward to meeting a SMF member, making some memories and creating a lifelong friendship.
Counting down the days.

Take care,
Johnny Ray and Lyn

That's great guys! I know Robert's wheels are already at work on that menu :emoji_wink:. Looking forward to the pics and the Beer.

Reactions: Johnny Ray
Sounds like you guys are gonna have some fun!
I hope there is a bunch of adult beverages involved too!
I was thinking that a great vacation would be to get on the road & visit a bunch of members all across the country. WOW, maybe after Covid I could do something like that. Just take 2 months & go from town to town visiting all the guys! What do you guys think?
Al

I think that's a great idea Al. I would consider it an honor to have you visit us in good ol' Ga., and enjoy a lovely meal with us, and the pool for a day or so, weather permitting of course.

Just take 2 months & go from town to town visiting all the guys! What do you guys think?

Very interesting you should say this. I'm not too far from throwing in the towel at work and retiring. I've been giving serious consideration for several months to doing just what you mentioned.

Robert

Reactions: Johnny Ray
Very interesting you should say this. I'm not too far from throwing in the towel at work and retiring. I've been giving serious consideration for several months to doing just what you mentioned.

Robert
Robert, it goes without saying you would also be more than welcome to come visit anytime as well.

Robert, it goes without saying you would also be more than welcome to come visit anytime as well.

Thank you Mike. Very much appreciate it. I actually started a list a couple months ago...and ever growing list...of people I'd like to visit. You're on that list :emoji_wink: Seems like names are getting added every week. Won't be long till I'm looking at a 2 year road trip to get time for all the folks I'm wanting to hook up with. Of course the same offer goes out to you should you ever find yourself in Texas.

Robert

Thank you Mike. Very much appreciate it. I actually started a list a couple months ago...and ever growing list...of people I'd like to visit. You're on that list :emoji_wink: Seems like names are getting added every week. Won't be long till I'm looking at a 2 year road trip to get time for all the folks I'm wanting to hook up with. Of course the same offer goes out to you should you ever find yourself in Texas.

Robert
First of all, I'm very flattered to be included in your list. If we ever do find ourselves in Texas, we would definitely get together with you and yours. As you know my Brother in Law and Wife are moving from San Antonio to Fla this week. We did visit them in 2009, and had a great time. Had some great BBQ too. I'll have to ask them the name of the place we went, it was not fancy, but the best Brisket I've ever had. A 2 year road trip sounds scary and intriguing at the same time, lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky