Jimmy Dean ground sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I sometimes make an original fatty, which is basically a JD tube of sausage covered in rub and smoked. With the right rub it's delicious.

Chris

This is a coworker of mines go to smoke. He just peels it, hits it with rub and smokes it. His family loves it.

Not Stuffed with anything?

Bear

You got it. Just take the sausage out of the wrap, give it a good coating of rub, and smoke it. Sometimes I need to reshape it. No bacon either.

Here's one I did along side a turkey club fatty.

dsc00841-jpg.378063

...and here it is sliced up.
dsc00856-jpg.378050

Chris

You got it. Just take the sausage out of the wrap, give it a good coating of rub, and smoke it. Sometimes I need to reshape it. No bacon either.

Here's one I did along side a turkey club fatty.
...and here it is sliced up.

Chris

Hmmmm--OK--Spanx!!

Bear

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
That came out great. Not greasy. Recommend that you use a rub without salt since the sausage has plenty.

Glad you enjoyed it. I don't do them often enough.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky