Jerk Shrimp Tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice job Joe!

They look delicious....Love seaford whenever I can get it as Sue does not, so you know what that means.

We picked up two types of jerk dry seasoning when we were in Jamaica on our honeymoon in 2008, love that stuff.

LIKE!

John

Nice job Joe!

They look delicious....Love seaford whenever I can get it as Sue does not, so you know what that means.

We picked up two types of jerk dry seasoning when we were in Jamaica on our honeymoon in 2008, love that stuff.

LIKE!

John

Thanks John, I hear ya on the seafood. My wife likes it thankfully, but there’s other things I have to wait til she’s away to eat.

I have a jerk rub from when she went last fall....but there’s been quite a few suggestions on this thread that look great to try.

Looks great . Not sure I ever had jerk seasoned anything . I'll have to look into it . I like slaw on a taco .
Nice work .

Looks great . Not sure I ever had jerk seasoned anything . I'll have to look into it . I like slaw on a taco .
Nice work .

Thanks Chop! Jerk seasoning is great for chicken, pork and shrimp. There’s so many different kinds out there and I’m looking to try a few more.

I agree with the slaw too, especially a fish taco whether it’s fried or grilled.

xray xray you inspired me to make some tortillias . Had some left over taco meat , just had a taco on a homemade corn tortillia for lunch . WOW ! What a difference . My gosh thats good .

Reactions: xray
xray xray you inspired me to make some tortillias . Had some left over taco meat , just had a taco on a homemade corn tortillia for lunch . WOW ! What a difference . My gosh thats good .

Chop the homemade tortillas make a big difference and they're not too hard to make. I still press mine between parchment paper with a clear glass pie dish so I can see the tortillas as I press it. I need to invest in a CI tortilla press. They're not terribly time consuming either. My wife helps me out when I make them, so we have a little assembly line going.

A 5lb bag of corn masa will last you a long time, plus you'll always them when you're ready to make them.

Huge difference. I'm working on making a press out of wild cherry , but might get a cast iron one .

Huge difference. I'm working on making a press out of wild cherry , but might get a cast iron one .

The wood ones I’ve seen are very nice. I’d be interested to see your press when it’s finished.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky