Jerk jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zwiller

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 16, 2016
Sandusky, OH
Inspired by the threads here I dove into pork jerky. If you have doubts, don't. I did. No more! jcam222 jcam222 and others are to blame, I forget. WOW. Good stuff. The asian theme is KILLER for this. I decided to try a different direction. Not perfected but thought you'd guys would enjoy.
Ground pork loin, WW hot, minced green onion, soy sauce, lime juice, cure, mesquite smoke powder, fresh ground allspice. LOL finished pic off

20230508_150548_resized.jpg

View attachment 665141

20230509_195326_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great man! I’ve not tried ground jerkies yet. You know I love that jerk flavor!
First time for me. Did a medium grind and a little thinner than store so will try more course next time. I would say it's at least 50% faster than whole muscle. Expected shooting the jerky onto the tray would be a big mess but not so. Went WAY better than I thought.
Good call taking the Walkers Wood (WW) and adding to the true jerk flavors. The WW is so overpowering hot you miss onion and allspice.
Thanks. WW is a good base to start with but yep, missing a few things. I think there are some limits as to what they can package... Years ago I made the real deal so I know what it's supposed to be. Think this one is missing a good dose of BP and a tiny bit of little sweetness. Maybe a tiny bit of ketchup or maybe molasses.
It looks good. The only ground I have made before was with a jerky gun.

How did you shape it? by hand?
THANKS. Jerky gun.
I love ground done in the MES40. Can hardly tell its ground meat when done.
Turned out better than I expected. Need to try smoking it. On the to do list.
Looks good Sam . Nice work .
Thank you sir.

Looks great! Awesome flavor for jerky and nicely done.
Thanks. Yeah, pretty unique flavor for jerky. Not stopping on the formula until it gets near Jack Link level and will post it.

I love ground done in the MES40. Can hardly tell its ground meat when done.
How do you run it in MES? Took 24hrs plus in the dehydrator.

How do you run it in MES? Took 24hrs plus in the dehydrator.
This was last run:

Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky