Jerk chicken Sunday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 28, 2018
Green Bay, WI
Made a batch of jerk chicken thighs for Father's day with grilled vegetables and dirty rice.

Everything turned out adequately. I just had one small gripe. I was all out of chicken that wasn't brine soaked so I grabbed pack of thighs from the supermarket.

They worked out but there is something in that hint of gamy flavor you get from unsoaked chicken that makes jerk over the top.

I didn't get any pics but wanted to share this tip for making great tasting jerk.

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: zwiller
Yes I did...
Nice - mind sharing what you used? Jerk chicken is on my list to try, but the regular big box stores here don't carry pimento so I'd need to buy online or something like that. Amazon has a couple of options, but I would take recommendation from experienced SMF people at a higher weight.

Reactions: JC in GB
+1 on your rub/marinade. I had jerk chicken from a food truck in Hawaii first time I ever tried it. Now I can’t find any as good as that and haven’t came close with store bought ribs/marinades

Nice - mind sharing what you used? Jerk chicken is on my list to try, but the regular big box stores here don't carry pimento so I'd need to buy online or something like that. Amazon has a couple of options, but I would take recommendation from experienced SMF people at a higher weight.

I purchased 5 lbs of pimento pellets in a buy with other forum group members. I don't remember who organized the purchase but it worked out quite well as 20 lbs of pimento pellets would have lasted me a decade. I also don't remember the brand name as my pellets came in a ziploc bag. :)

I used Walkerswood for the jerk paste.

Reactions: zwiller
I purchased 5 lbs of pimento pellets in a buy with other forum group members. I don't remember who organized the purchase but it worked out quite well as 20 lbs of pimento pellets would have lasted me a decade. I also don't remember the brand name as my pellets came in a ziploc bag. :)
I do, it was me. These were the pellets: https://pimentowood.com/shop/jerk-pellets/jerk-pellets/
I tried several times to place an order for smaller size but no dice. I am like you in that 20lbs would last forever. I have no affiliation with the company and just wanted to try them. I got the idea from another web group I belong to. We do stuff like this all the time but we do it to get volume discounts.

I do, it was me. These were the pellets: https://pimentowood.com/shop/jerk-pellets/jerk-pellets/
I tried several times to place an order for smaller size but no dice. I am like you in that 20lbs would last forever. I have no affiliation with the company and just wanted to try them. I got the idea from another web group I belong to. We do stuff like this all the time but we do it to get volume discounts.

I thought it was you zwiller zwiller but I wasn't sure. Thanks for replying. If forum members want to do another group buy, let me know.

Those pellets work great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky