Jeff's Chuck roast burnt ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DCOOZ

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 25, 2019
pretty much followed Jeff's direction verbatim besides the rub. Used Weber originals, but I did make Jeff sauce. Took around 10hrs for it to hit 190 IT then cubes and smoked for another 2hrs. Myself and family loved the end result.
433F840B-F47A-4EDA-9E1A-1BE1D93349C3.jpeg
766AECE4-A25B-4E1D-9B40-EAA076F1FEC1.jpeg
350DFA4A-09CA-4506-8009-739ABE301EEE.jpeg
2B039085-07F1-4CC9-B244-96A23D24AA09.jpeg
end result
CBFA18FA-B44C-48A2-9697-E636615C4BF0.jpeg

Ummm Ummm good.

point for sure
Chris

You opened up a recent wound. I was doing a rack of ribs yesterday and cut the trimmings up to make burnt ends. I took everything out to the smoker and set the tray down and when I lifted the ribs up, everything else fell to the sandy ground. I just stared at it sadly for a few seconds.

Sorry I probably should have specified foil better haha. When you put them back in the smoker did you put anything on the burnt ends like bbq sauce or butter/brown sugar etc...?
BBQ sauce I whipped up. Well started with a basic sauce from the store and added Honey brown sugar SPOG and a lil cayenne. Heavy on the honey. Then added more of the rub and stirred it all up.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
You opened up a recent wound. I was doing a rack of ribs yesterday and cut the trimmings up to make burnt ends. I took everything out to the smoker and set the tray down and when I lifted the ribs up, everything else fell to the sandy ground. I just stared at it sadly for a few seconds.
Ouch that had to hurt. #5secondrule

Reactions: banderson7474
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky