Jared's (Mexican) Chorizo Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oddegan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 27, 2017
Fremont Michigan
For those who are interested this is the recipe I use for my Mexican Chorizo. This is the bulk style NOT the Spanish dry cured style. Totally different critters!

Per pound of good fatty pork butt

1.5 tbs smoked paprika
1.5 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp granulated onion
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp fine ground black pepper
Cayenne powder. This one is totally about how hot you like it. I use 1/4 tsp if the family is going to be eating it. At least 1 tsp if it's just for me. I made it once with habenaro powder. Yeehaw!
2 ounces white vinegar. This is what gives it the funkiness. If you leave this out it just isn't the same.
I prefer a very coarse grind and really mix it well.

I like to let it sit overnight in the fridge to really meld the flavors. I'll mix it up again the next day and then vac pack 1 pound packages for the freezer.

Enjoy

Jared

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky