Jambalaya

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Somewhat home made. I got a box of Zatarain's Jambalaya mix. And added some large shrimp. And one of the smoked Cajun sausages I made using the spice blend from @txsmoker
All I can say is wow! The sausage really took this over the top!

PA243303.JPG

The fixings.

PA243304.JPG

Cut up and ready. Minus a piece or two of the sausage and shrimp.

PA243311.JPG

I had to force myself to stop "tasting" it! It is awesome. Now I have a lunch to look forward to tomorrow. Thanks again Robert for the goodies to do this!

Somewhat home made. I got a box of Zatarain's Jambalaya mix. And added some large shrimp. And one of the smoked Cajun sausages I made using the spice blend from @txsmoker

View attachment 409248

The fixings.

View attachment 409249

View attachment 409250

I had to force myself to stop "tasting" it! It is awesome. Now I have a lunch to look forward to tomorrow. Thanks again Robert for the goodies to do this!

View attachment 409248

The fixings.

View attachment 409249

View attachment 409250

Zatarain's is good stuff. We cook Jambalaya all the time. Next time you cook it add diced green onions, diced jalapenos and chicken broth. Awesome

I'm just ready to stuff my first 5lb of Cajun sausage thanks to Robert and Steve. I'm anxious to taste and assure you Jambalaya is on the immediate calendar. Thanks for the idea.....

Reactions: Steve H
We really enjoy this stuff and make it with the same ingredients! Makes a excellent meal! Nice thread and like

Reactions: Steve H
That looks really good Steve. I haven't tried Zatarains yet, but will in the future.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Thanks again Robert for the goodies to do this!

Hey Steve....sorry so late to the party. You get a couple busy days and fall behind on your watched threads here it can take a while to catch up.

Can't believe I didn't get the tag for this one, but that's ok. I was lost but now am found :emoji_wink:

You sir are more than welcome for the spice mix. The Cajun is by far one of my favorite sausages that I make and have an SMF member to thank for it. Very happy that you're enjoying it seemingly as much as I do. I got the pork yesterday, ground it up, and am planning to make a batch today, along with a batch of breakfast sausage. I'm way behind on that stuff and have no Cajun left at all.

Insofar as Zatarain's goes, it's a staple around here. We always keep the jambalaya, red beans and rice, and Spanish rice on hand. I tend to doctor mine up just a bit but the base is superb when you consider you can have a tasty batch of whatever you're making done in 25 minutes.

Off to mix up some sausage,
Robert

Last edited:
Yup. Jambalaya and their Spanish rice are good. Haven't had their red beans and rice though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky