Jalapeño Poppers recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Look in my recipe index under Atomic Buffalo Turds.

Okay fellas, post up your best Jalapeño Popper recipe. I want to smoke them on my Rec Tec Bull. Fire away!!
Thanks!
15 Lrge Jalapenos
8oz cream cheese
8oz of a good white cheddar (shred it)
15 strips of Regular cut bacon (not thick cut)

Prep:
let cream cheese come to room temp or even throw in the micro for 20 seconds to soften - mix with shredded cheddar to make filling. Cut stem end off of Jalapeno and slice long way. Clean out seeds with small spoon, wear gloves cause you might need your fingers to get some out and I’ve made the mistake ofsuing my fingers to clean them with no gloves -fire. Once you have half jalapeños fill with mixture and wrap with bacon half.
Smoke (Rec Tec)
Throw on at 225 on Extreme Smoke for 2 hours
Turn up to 350 for 30 minutes to Crist bacon.

I have a Bull and this is my tried and true method. I prefer just the cheese in mine. You’ll be surprised how fast 30 of these go - they shrink up quite a bit in the smoker. I made 15 jalapeños for 3 of us last week for an app and we had a couple left. Enjoy.
-Rec Tec lifer

Buffalo Chicken Dip ABT's

Dip:
1 1/2 - 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
2 blocks cream cheese cubed
3/4 cup favorite buffalo sauce(I like the spicy garlic)
1 bag shredded cheddar
1/2 bottle ranch dressing

Throw all except half the bag of shredded cheddar in a crock pot and let it rip for an hour or so. Stir and throw in the other half of the cheddar. Once everything is melted and of smooth consistency you are good to go.

Stuff your jalapenos with the dip and wrap with thin sliced bacon. I like 250 for 2 hours personally but its more of a personal preference. Also eyeball the chicken, ranch, and buffalo and adjust accordingly so you can add more or less if you like.

I agree with BB-que BB-que . I do mine almost the same. I like to add a tbls of bbq rub to the filling mix and if your peppers are big enough i like to use a full strip of bacon so its completely wrapped. Also a dusting of rub on top before they go into the smoker. And most definitely check out chilerelleno chilerelleno recipes on this he has some really good stuff! Here are a couple pics of what mine look like...

20190825_171122.jpg
20190826_201032.jpg

I agree with BB-que BB-que . I do mine almost the same. I like to add a tbls of bbq rub to the filling mix and if your peppers are big enough i like to use a full strip of bacon so its completely wrapped. Also a dusting of rob on top before they go into the smoker. And most definitely check out chilerelleno chilerelleno recipes on this he has some really good stuff! Here are a couple pics of what mine look like...

View attachment 412039
Buffalo Chicken Dip ABT's

Dip:
1 1/2 - 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
2 blocks cream cheese cubed
3/4 cup favorite buffalo sauce(I like the spicy garlic)
1 bag shredded cheddar
1/2 bottle ranch dressing

Throw all except half the bag of shredded cheddar in a crock pot and let it rip for an hour or so. Stir and throw in the other half of the cheddar. Once everything is melted and of smooth consistency you are good to go.

Stuff your jalapenos with the dip and wrap with thin sliced bacon. I like 250 for 2 hours personally but its more of a personal preference. Also eyeball the chicken, ranch, and buffalo and adjust accordingly so you can add more or less if you like.
this sounds really good

Reactions: Blueflame
I don’t have a recipe per se but I like stuffing mine with a mix of sausage and cheddar then wrap in bacon. I have a pepper rack so I core mine and stuff them whole.

Reactions: Blueflame
15 Lrge Jalapenos
8oz cream cheese
8oz of a good white cheddar (shred it)
15 strips of Regular cut bacon (not thick cut)

Prep:
let cream cheese come to room temp or even throw in the micro for 20 seconds to soften - mix with shredded cheddar to make filling. Cut stem end off of Jalapeno and slice long way. Clean out seeds with small spoon, wear gloves cause you might need your fingers to get some out and I’ve made the mistake ofsuing my fingers to clean them with no gloves -fire. Once you have half jalapeños fill with mixture and wrap with bacon half.
Smoke (Rec Tec)
Throw on at 225 on Extreme Smoke for 2 hours
Turn up to 350 for 30 minutes to Crist bacon.

I have a Bull and this is my tried and true method. I prefer just the cheese in mine. You’ll be surprised how fast 30 of these go - they shrink up quite a bit in the smoker. I made 15 jalapeños for 3 of us last week for an app and we had a couple left. Enjoy.
-Rec Tec lifer
Thanks, we’ll give this one a go...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky