I've been CHALLENGED!!! (Help?!?)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Now that is hilairous Mossy.

emzimes (sp) in milk help sooth the heat says Alton Brown. But it's still gonna burn. good luck

Thanks everyone for your suggestions...I'm sure this info will come in handy! I'll let you know how I do.

And since I'll be paying for this contest again later, the icy cold tp will be a nice comfort! Thanks.

icon_redface.gif

OMG LOL
I would have to show up "greased" for the morning bathroom expedition!
icon_cry.gif

The name Blazin ain't bullsh**. You see it's another word for "En Fuego". You see here, they are trying to tell you its HHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOTTTT. I have eaten these Blazin wings......hot is a nice way to describe it.. Where I come from we use other words to decribe this.

Tell me about it!!! For the love, they literally come with a warning that the sauce can burn your skin!!! And I'm gonna eat that???

Good luck, friend. I know you can do it. i really think you need that mouth a burning when you hit the door. LOL. I would pay money to see this. Maybe youtube would be handy here.

Scott

I know for a fact that milk, or any milk product, works! I was trying to be cute in front of my children and I ate one of those waxy green chilies at Big Reds. Just ate the tip and then the fire came. OMG!! I tried water, ice, lemons, bread everything. Finally, another patron was kind enough to suggest a glass of milk. My family is rolling on the floor with laughter and I am beet red with tears rolling down my face. The milk cut the heat instantly. Apparently there is an enzyme in milk that neutralizes the capsaicin in the peppers.
Good luck with the wings! You're a better man than I am!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Seems you have got lots of good advice so far , I'll just add that I hope everything comes out OK
icon_smile.gif

Serriously though , Please have some one there with a cammera to get those pics of all those involved as you guys work your way up into legendary fire eating status
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

But in my experience, the heat REALLY kicks in when you STOP eating them. As long as you keep eatin', it's not bad. As soon as you take a breather the mouth starts to burning, and than you take a sip of beer or whatever and spread the hot stuff around. So I would say just soldier through the wings, the protein, grease and batter in the wings will tame things while you're eating. Finish first and hope the dairy helps!

Taz, that's where this sucks! There has to be a consensus that the round is over before we can actually take a drink or move on to the next wings...just enough time for the burn to really take hold.
eek.gif
Don't get me wrong, I definitely plan on winning this contest!

I've lost all cred here when it comes to spicey food, but I think there have been some good suggestions. My suggestion would be to mentally prepare. Focus on the WINNING of each contest, the next level up, because that's what matters most, and that will get you to the end. Take it step by step. Know that the challenge will not last long. Focus on each increment. This is not one big challenge, it's a lot of little challenges. Once the mouth is on fire, who cares how hot it gets? Good luck, and know that a lot of folks here will be "feeling" for you the next day. Ouch!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

How to Cool Burns from Chili Peppers

250px-Cubanelle_Peppers.jpg

Chili peppers, such as jalepeno, cayenne, and habanero peppers, contain Capsaicin,which is the main ingredient in pepper spray. Peppers developed Capsaicin to stop animals from killing the plant by burning them. Capsaicin can add flavor and spiciness to food, but can also cause an extreme burning sensation which can last for minutes or even hours.

[edit] Steps
  1. Wash your hands and any other areas that have touched the peppers with a dish soap or equivalent to prevent spreading.
  2. Drink any cold liquid (Milk works best) or eat cold food. The mere process of chewing and having the mouth filled also helps against strong burning sensations.
  3. Recognize that Capsaicin is fat-soluble, as well as alcohol soluble, which means that fatty foods or beverages such as milk, yogurt, cheese, ice cream, or avocados will release the pain-causing chemical, or a shot of your favorite tequila will do the job as well (http://sulcus.berkeley.edu/mcb/165_001/papers/manuscripts/_297.html).
  4. Test some old-fashioned notions that call for the following; some are probably more mental than actually removing the pain but judge this for yourself:
    • Eat some cucumber. This is in fact a common way to deal with too much heat in the food in Indonesia and Thailand.
    • Eat bread; it'll absorb the heat content. This is an old trick amongst Italian families.
    • Use salt. Salting the food or eating salty chips can soothe the burn.
    • Try honey. Sopapillas with honey are served with spicy foods in some restaurants.
  5. Be careful. If the burn is on your skin, i.e. you scratch your nose, vegetable or olive oil will stop the area burning immediately. Soaking the skin in vinegar for half an hour will also kill the burn. If using oil, soak for a full hour for guaranteed effect.
  6. If your hands are burning, try pouring Pepto Bismol on them. It will stop the burn immediately.
good luck..have some snow cones ready in the morning..lol..and hope the above helps.......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky