It's garden time again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That doesn't look good at all. Are you still able to use it much?
It doesn't bend too well, but I can manage to get around and drive and all that. I've taken minimal pain meds and it really isn't hurting too bad at the moment. I'll definitely hit the meds before bed though. I didn't have any last night since the pharmacy was closed by the time I got out of the ER, and it was a rough night trying to find a position to lay in that didn't make it hurt.

Ouch that didn't feel good hope it heals quickly

Reactions: DougE
It doesn't bend too well, but I can manage to get around and drive and all that. I've taken minimal pain meds and it really isn't hurting too bad at the moment. I'll definitely hit the meds before bed though. I didn't have any last night since the pharmacy was closed by the time I got out of the ER, and it was a rough night trying to find a position to lay in that didn't make it hurt.
I've done the same thing with a 6'' side grinder+ no fun at all.
My OTC pain cocktail is 2 extra strength Tylenol, 2 Advil and 2 aspirin twice a day. I have Doc's and RN's in my family and they turned me on to this, it works best with caffeine, either a strong cup of coffee or a Soda or energy drink.

Keep the laceration covered and moist by using a triple biotic ointment/ Neosporin 2-4X a day.

That suck's, sorry bud, your garden plot makes me jealous as heck, I only have room for two 7'x 10' raised beds at this house. I'm mainly growing some of Norcal's famous herbs, tomatoes and peppers this year.

Yikes on the leg! Glad that it wasnt worse. Grinder story from my trauma nurse days....Fella had a blade break and stuck about 3 inches of it into his chest. Hit his lung. Spent a good while in the hospital fighting the infection from the dirty blade.
On a side note....Would love to be able to have a garden that big.
Jim

Doug, next time you want to make a pair of shorts...take your jeans off and use a pair of scissors. Just kidding! That looks ugly as sin, take your time and heal up. Think you should give out your address tho, all these guys are jealous of your garden...they can come plant it and have a big garden this year! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

It looks and feels much better now, David. Just one of those freak things; the grinder was no longer in my hands when it got me. I just so happened to be in a position to get bit when it flew out of my hands. Normally I set things up to where the grinder will go away from me if it hangs, but I couldn't set up that way in this case. And if there is a plus in this, at least it didn't hit me in the junk or face.

Last edited:
Ours is a small one.

Sone in law is PR, So we planted allot of radish and cucumbers, jalapeno, bell pepper, cilantro, tomato, corn, peas, green beans, squash, onions, green onion and zucchini.

20220522_083821.jpg

20220522_083824.jpg

Reactions: pc farmer and DougE
With the last frost about out of the way, it's time to get the garden ready to plant. I got my first go with the tiller done today, but I won't plant most of it for a week or so. We about always get our last frost in the beginning of May.

Let's see some gardens!!!!

Here's mine
View attachment 630829
wish we could have a garden down here. between the iguanas and excessive heat we have to garden vicariously except my basil pots.

Came for the garden, stayed for the scar.

When I tried chopping my fingers off on my table saw I really messed them up. My wound care therapist insisted I used Medihoney. I was really skeptical but I complied. The stuff was amazing and my wounds healed a lot faster than I expected.

My apologies for giving medical advice but Medihoney was so effective I’m breaking one of my personal boundaries. It also smells like it would be delicious on corn bread. Haha!

Reactions: DougE and Plinsc
The stitches should come out tomorrow, but I did manage to get 15 tomato plants in the ground today. Ten Big Beef, and 5 Early Girls. To make the most of the sun, I plant tomatoes across the back and along one side, and everything else goes in the middle across the short length of my garden. The way I lay it out, I get about 30 foot rows after leaving about 4 feet between the tomatoes and everything else, for corn, beans, etc.

1653176487959.png

I plant a large garden mainly for making salsa. tomatoes, peppers, sweet corn, cabbage, beans, beets, cukes. Have it all planted except for tomatoes and peppers. Today, got 25 tomatoes planted, have another 35 to go. Have about 40 peppers plants. I have some friends who live in small lot developments. They asked me a can we do a large garden at my house. I said sure, that was 12 years ago. Every year we combine gardens and make salsa in the fall. Last year we canned 88 quarts. Mostly salsa but did put up a few quarts of tomato sauce. Come February, nothing tastes better than this sauce.

RG 20220521_195946.jpg 20211023_162051.jpg Resized_image000000.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky