It's COLD here still...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice looking soup.. I hate poultry but do like chicken noodle stew with smoked hind quarters..
AND, I woke up to -19f this morning, little diesel shook a bit.
Thanks, buzz. In my 60+ years of life, I've never experienced sub-zero temps. THAT'S COLD!!!
Great looking soup! I hear ya on the cold, I am not used to it and I think that we've made more soup in the last 6 weeks than than the entire last year! It's perfect for the chill, while trying to ignore puppy dog eyes begging for your bowl!
Thank you, Jed. I usually make some kind of soup a couple of times each winter...
-10 F on the drive to work this morning. I love Wisconsin!!!

JC :emoji_cat:
We're just not prepared for anything like that. Most here don't have the clothes for it and don't really know how to handle the daily things associated with that kind of cold...

Just checked and re-checked today's forecast and we MIGHT get some frozen precipitation this afternoon and/or tonight with accumulations of around 1/10", yes .10". Bust out the snow shovels...:emoji_laughing: I better quit making fun of it because it would be my luck to wake up to 12" of snow. The temp is dropping continuously now. Woke up to 40℉ this morning and now down to 31℉ with rain on the way...

Last edited:
Well according to Weatherbug as well as the local "meteorologists", and I use that term loosely, it's supposed to be snowing right now. It is cold, the wind is blowing, but no snow yet, just rain. I guess that I bought the milk and bread for nothing 🤣. Think I'll have me an IPA and a bowl of chicken noodle soup...
IPA.jpg

Soup looks really good!!!
A couple of recent posts of soup has gotten me jealous of making some.
Cold here too in Arkansas…high 26 degrees with a wind chill of 6.
I’m dreaming of soup and TNJAKE TNJAKE jacuzzi….ohhh the soup we would make…..
(Note to self..shoot for broke bud)

• Wow
Reactions: TNJAKE
It's still cold here too. They say -5 tonight. I really don't like it.

Cold for us too. Low of 28 tonight with a high of 35 tomorrow. Wife made a big pot of homemade vegetable soup to warm the innards. Son lives near Little River, SC and they are anticipating lots of ice.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Cold for us too. Low of 28 tonight with a high of 35 tomorrow. Wife made a big pot of homemade vegetable soup to warm the innards. Son lives near Little River, SC and they are anticipating lots of ice.
What time is he making margaritas?

Ryan

Reactions: 912smoker
16 below at Fort Drum yesterday.
Last week, Watertown had the coldest temperature in the lower 48, 25 below.

15 below today.

Nice looking soup! Yup, -5 at the moment here.
Thank you, Steve. 26℉ here this morning and this...
20220122_071308.jpg

Maybe 1/2"? I don't know, but Lucy loves it...
20220122_071645.jpg

Our "once every 3-4 year" snow storm rolled through over night. It'll all be gone by early afternoon...

Reactions: Steve H
I do miss having a dog. We lost ours last August.
Sorry to hear about your dog, Steve. It may happen one day, but for now I can't imagine life without a dog, or in our case, dogs. As Roger Caras said, "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."

Lucy and her ball waiting on me to throw it. She's 2 years old and this is the first snow she's seen...
20220122_075647.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky