It's COLD here still...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...and supposed to get even colder this weekend, at least by our standards. The powers that be, the all knowing meteorologist gurus, are saying 20℉ for a low the next couple of mornings and YES, a chance of snow. We'll see, I've heard this plenty of times before.

Anyways, after the obligatory run to the grocery store to buy milk and bread 🤣, I decided to make some chicken noodle soup to cure what ails me or at least keep it away. Boiled some leg quarters for a while and picked the meat off of the bones. Combined that with some chopped up carrots, celery, and onion. Boiled some egg noodles in the chicken stock, added everything else and cooked until all was tender...
20220120_174224.jpg

Not many pictures, but time to eat...
20220120_180744.jpg

Trying to ward off the crud and keep it "healthy" for my wife...:emoji_wink: This cold is messing up my fishing...

Some good looking soup Charles. Wish I had some lol. Cold as hell here also. High today was 19 and we got snow again. Wind-chill supposed to be zero or below tomorrow.......I need summer
Thanks, Jake. I'm ready for some warmer weather, too...

Shoot, that soup looks fantastic! Nice call and work.
We are in what has always been called “Indian summer” not sure why that, but it means a mild winter for us, it’s real nice here. 40 for the high and 15-20 for the lows. Normally now it would be 15-20 for a high and -5 to -15 at night. I’m living easy, plus it’s great for work to, stuff is rolling.

Cold is subjective to the region you live in and what you are used to. Some good looking soup though, right?

Yeah. I agree it's what your used to, but even here in pa we are super cold the next few days

Yes. Soup looks good.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Shoot, that soup looks fantastic! Nice call and work.
We are in what has always been called “Indian summer” not sure why that, but it means a mild winter for us, it’s real nice here. 40 for the high and 15-20 for the lows. Normally now it would be 15-20 for a high and -5 to -15 at night. I’m living easy, plus it’s great for work to, stuff is rolling.
Well thank you, Edge. We've been lucky the past couple of years with very mild winters. Kinda spoils us and we really can't handle the lows we'll see in the next couple of days very well...

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Reactions: sawhorseray
Thank you, Ray and yes, I need something to cover my ears...:emoji_laughing:
I have a friend that believes well endowed ladies work well for that...just snuggle your ears right on in there!
Your soup does look really tasty! A great belly warmer for sure! And cold is regional...either that or I'm turning into a polar bear, not sure we hit 10 degrees here but it was sunny with no wind...felt pretty nice outside.

Ryan

I should add...I'm no longer self employed! I now am employed by my 2, four legged friends...I am their new door guy...we want to go out! Let us in it's cold, wait we wanna go back out now. Ok, let us back in...and thats only about 20 to 30 minutes worth...but I love em!

Ryan

I have a friend that believes well endowed ladies work well for that...just snuggle your ears right on in there!
Your soup does look really tasty! A great belly warmer for sure! And cold is regional...either that or I'm turning into a polar bear, not sure we hit 10 degrees here but it was sunny with no wind...felt pretty nice outside.

Ryan
Thanks, Ryan. Where I live, we rarely get much below 30℉, maybe high 20's, so low 20's and below are temps we're just not accustomed to or prepared for. We are always just below the snow/rain line of a winter storm, but will get a couple of inches once every 3-4 years.

As for the dogs, I completely understand. We have 2 as well, and they are a huge part of our life. I am their servant :emoji_laughing: and I call them my 4-legged, fur covered children...

Nice looking soup.. I hate poultry but do like chicken noodle stew with smoked hind quarters..
AND, I woke up to -19f this morning, little diesel shook a bit.

Great looking soup! I hear ya on the cold, I am not used to it and I think that we've made more soup in the last 6 weeks than than the entire last year! It's perfect for the chill, while trying to ignore puppy dog eyes begging for your bowl!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky