It's about time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

installman

Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Florida
Hello everyoneI joined the forum back in 2008, but haven't had much to say. I found the forum after I bought a brinkmann charcoal vertical smoker and was having trouble getting it up to temp. After a quick search I started modifying the brinkman and finally started getting the temps up, but it was too much of a pain babysitting it to be any fun, so I converted it to propane and started turning out some decent Q. A couple months later I picked up a kenmore vertical gas smoker on clearance for $40 and it has a lot more usable space than the converted brinkmann so it became my #1 smoker and the brinkmann was only used if I was smoking more than would fit in the kenmore. Last month I noticed the burners on the gas grill were rusting out again ( happens every 2 years) so I started looking for a replacement, and wasn't really sure I wanted another grill that was only going to last 2 years, so I was contemplating charcoal as a possibility, but not sure which way I would go this time around. A friend told me he saw a big green egg knockoff at home depot on clearance for $299 and after reading about how great they were I decided to give it a try, so now I am trying again with charcoal and so far I am impressed. I have learned a lot reading the forums and just wanted to say thanks to those who post their experiences as you have saved me a lot of frustration and definately saved my family from some bad Q.Thanks Stan

Glad you decided to join in. Have fun and happy smoking and grilling

It's never too late to enjoy smoking, or any great outdoor activity. Glad you thought about returning to the SMF... that's why we left the light on for you. It's all good my friend.

Welcome aboard Installman. I am new to this forum myself, there are a lot of great people here that are more than willing to help you with anything you need help with. I think some will even help you dispose of your smokes if needed.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

Welcome to SMF. Glad to have you here. Looking forward to seeing your posts

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Thanks for all the welcomes. I will be smoking some baby backs today after work. Kinda funny how I was looking to replace a grill, and ended up with another smoker too. I have been doing a lot of reading about these bubba cookers and I am a little worried about being able to keep the temp down without over smoking the ribs.

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome back to SMF. This place hasn't changed that much besides the fresh new look but the folks here are still just as friendly to all the new folks that wonder in and out. Now you know the way that this place works so go out there and start smoking more and please for us out here start posting the Q-view for us we need it too. 

OK some Q-View for you guys. The ribs, and 1 of the chicken from the other night. Gotta go time to eat.

i
b3d4b7c6_PC100035.jpg
4bc86872_PC080032.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky