It's a GUIDELINE not a Rule!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Most definitely. The Craziest customer I ever encountered!...JJ

Its much faster and easier to Ask your Question then Research the answer. So many do. That's ok, It keeps the members that answer the questions Sharp. I suspect that many more people find SMF and use the Search to get their answer. After awhile the Lurker realizes the comradeship of our members and Joins...JJ
(that's EXACTLY how I got suckered in 11 years ago! )

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Please note, I was not asking for temps..... i was more asking why the finished temps I see in meat smoking resources are higher than those you see when you just Google for "internal temp beef" and the data they show. I could see that there was a difference.... I just wondered what the reason was.

Bob, well said in bullet #2 in this Post: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/its-a-guideline-not-a-rule.295216/post-2201128

We all hear that "low and slow" is the key to a successful brisket, but that last trick that most don't know about is, keep cooking that rascal until IT is over 200, and you probe "tenderness" throughout!

Rick

Reactions: DaddyWayne
Learning a ton. Thanks!
Welcome, and the amount you can learn here at SMF is only dependent on how deeply you want to go into things. From basic smoking, to sausage making, curing your own bacon and hams, charcuterie, etc, etc, it's all here if you want to learn it.

Reactions: Nefarious
Even from the great beyond Chef is sharing his wisdom with us.
Thus post should be required reading for anyone getting into smoking meats!

Jim

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky