It's a beautiful thing! Warning pic heavy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

carpetride

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 25, 2008
8 racks of bb's about 2 pounds each. Gave one to my dad, one to a friend and the rest are for the in-laws this week (we're meeting up with them).  I came home at lunch and started the FEC and prepped the ribs, 6 with apple rub and 2 with Rendezvous.  This is the first time I had a chance to use this particular rib rack which fits the slides in the smoker like a grate would.  I'm very happy with it. 

Ran the smoker at 224 for 5 hours on the nose, opened once mid-way thru and decided to flip the rack around to even out for any hot spots.  Burned only a few pellets.  I had a bone from each rub and was pleased.  I gotta say, I have stepped back and quit doing a lot of the things I was doing and I'm happy about it.  I'm down to just rub and smoke, no spritz, no this, no that!  I enjoy cooking more and it seems to be working for me and not the other way around.

87c0a9f6_1102698314_6CFet-XL.jpg

496441fa_1102699355_tfZpT-XL.jpg

e8571b10_1102700809_rM5w8-XL.jpg

2fe1b27c_1102703807_nEgjX-XL.jpg

85ab7c35_1102705407_ShWH8-XL.jpg

e0fdcf0c_1102707494_YhfAA-XL.jpg

c3e5b833_1102710188_ZWaMf-XL.jpg

Princess patiently waiting for somehting to hit the floor.

9492f207_1102711292_MsCFj-XL.jpg

Looks good.

Now you say that you did with out the this and that and no spritz.

Are you saying that you ran them as is, no foil, no nothing?

Awesome Looking Ribs!!!

No More 3-2-1 Method?

Where did you get the rib rack, and what's the size?

Todd

Looks good.

Now you say that you did with out the this and that and no spritz.

Are you saying that you ran them as is, no foil, no nothing?
Yep, just rubbed them and put them in the smoker and retrieved them 5 hours later.

Those look good enough for smellevision! On your next post could you use the 'scratch n' sniff' app for us.  I am officially drooling.

Well done!

rick

Thank You Sir,

I like it, short sweet and simple. This should leave more time for relaxing.

Awesome Looking Ribs!!!

No More 3-2-1 Method?

Todd
Nothing wrong with the 3-2-1 or 2-2-1.  Just felt like I had gotten to where I was constantly fiddling with them, spritz, wrap, unwrap....  Decided it was time to get back to the basics and see what I missed, I'm a couple of smokes in now and don't seem to miss any of it.  I'm sure I will add something back but don't know what it would be right now.

The rib rack is made by CookShack specifically for the FEC.  I know they also make them for their other smokers which are different sizes as well.  I'm in with my shoes off, will try to get the measurements next time I'm out in the shop.

icon_cool.gif

Man oh Man those ribs look great and I bet princess got her some too ha.

Todd
17x23x3 and they hold 10 racks each with an area to grab on the sides without touching the ribs.

Those ribs look great!  I was hoping to do some spares this weekend for the big Carolina Clemson game, but couldn't find a good price on spares anywhere (or BBs either for that matter).  Switching to a butt.

Great looking bones though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky