Its 52 degrees outside in Michigan...How long till the cherry trees bloom?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

handymanstan

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Lansing Michigan
I can't believe the temps in Michigan this winter.  I have only plowed the drives twice and each time was less than a inch.  I mowed the last of the leaves and crap up in the third week of December.  I think I mowed in Dec. last year too.  3 years ago my gas bill was $132.00 a month on payment plan.  This year the bill is 69.00 a month.  I remember winter as having snow and cold with a ice storm every January.  The cherry trees bloomed and froze the last two years and looks like it will do that again.  The only cherrys we got in Michigan last year were up in the northern parts.  I know a lot of people in the state that need snow to make a living are hurting.  There is more mud then snow in my backyard. If you have a snowmobile down here in the lower parts you have to trailer it north and that sucks.  Sorry for the rant but every time the dogs run out and back in I am mopping up mud.

Stan

Well.........The guys in the white lab coats are telling us to expect "more severe weather extremes" What ever you usually get, it will be worse than normal years. West coast warming, mid America dry, East coast more severe hurricanes and nor-eastern storms. The same for the rest of the globe. The solution is both simple and terribly complex at the same time. The bottom line...complain about something you can change.

Or maybe we can change it!

icon_cool.gif

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky