Italian Sausage on the smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kevinwi

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 8, 2014
Stevens Point, WI
Can't take credit for making it. Got it from a butcher shoppe in Milwaukee area. Fresh Italian Sausage.

Got the Lang up to around 275 and cooked until it reached 165. (ok....I was late, it was 170)

Turned out well.

Cooked up some green peppers and onion for others, but for myself I went with some marinara sauce. All on Italian Bread.

WOW That looks great I like the rings like that, that is how we made them when I was a kid.

A full smoker is a happy smoker

DS

Don't see it sold in rings like that anymore around here except in a couple of places.  Did a great job on that Italian.  Looks like more.  We used to sell sausage like that many years ago and it sold well.  Reinhard

well to be honest, the picture of the coil after cooking is after I had already cut 7 sandwiches out of it. :)

A little Mozzarella cheese on that bad boy would of made me cry
drool.gif

Looks YUM.....even for store bought, the butcher must have taken pride in his work. I have a few Italians left in the freezer to make sammies outta...my fav growing up in NYC was an Italian sausage hero with sauteed green peppers and onions, a ladle of red sauce and topped with some motz then popped in the pizza oven for a few minutes....heavenly stuff.....Willie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky