Italian Sausage And Pepperoni Pizza (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
sure does look like ya got it dialed in Robert, looks fantastic! now i want pizza for supper.

Thanks Jim. Once I got the dough coming my way the biggest problem to overcome was not going insane adding toppings. I've always had the mentality that more is better but that's not always the case. Sometimes moderation needs to come into play.

Mmm hand me a slice! Looks good.

Here ya go Brian (handing him a slice). You till planning to make the trip down this way? Unless you're planning an extended road trip there's no need for a camper. You can crash with us for a few days, rent a small trailer, and take the patio furniture home with you.

love the spices added to the dough

Appreciate it David. I got that idea from Smokin' in AZ Smokin' in AZ a while back and it works great. Just remembered that I actually used Romano cheese in the dough this time as opposed to Parmesan. Herbs and cheese add a LOT to the flavor of the dough

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Ha ha , time to add on to the deck. Tell Tracy that. I bet than she will find space on the existing deck for your new oven

I've been in the construction industry all my life. Designed, engineered, and built this house so believe me, it's not gonna be that easy. The patio is solid concrete, 5 feet high, and completely covered. It'd be a real chore to make it any bogger.

Looks great. I preheat my cast iron for a crispier crust. Makes assembly a bit dangerous but works well

Neat idea but I could see injuring myself in a big way trying this :emoji_wink:

Sure, looks fantastic!

Thank you!!

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Darn fine pizza Robert!

Thanks Steve. Not up to what you're turning out with the Ooni but it worked for us.

Man, that looks good! I keep saying I need to try a C.I . pizza but keep putting it off.
What size is the pan?

The CI pan was the first real game changer insofar as getting the pizzas where I wanted them. this is a 14" pan I got from amazon. Here is the link to the one I bought.

I would prefer a little browning on the top, but then that’s just me.

Thank you for the kind words and I agree. Love the browned cheese on top but I was concerned about burning the crust if I left it on any longer.

Robert

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I was waiting for this after the teaser pic of the dough the other day. You Sir, Did not disappoint.

Sorry for the tease but being that I planned to post this I didn't want to give away the whole thing. Glad you were not disappointed.

Looks fantastic Robert!

Thanks so much.

Nailed it!! Looks mouthwatering to me.

Appreciate it Jeff. It looked decent but the flavors were really top notch.

Robert

Nice lookin' pie Robert, well done amigo!

Thanks Ray. You are solely responsible for me really starting to improve my pizza game with good advice and some great ideas. It's all your fault buddy :emoji_laughing:

Dang that look good. . .

Very much appreciate it. I was really happy with this one.

I gotta get back to those bbq pizzas again. Great inspiration, thank you for sharing!

Honestly I can't remember the last time I cooked a pizza in the oven. Matter of fact our oven rarely if ever gets used. I tend to cook anything on the grill that would typically be cooked in an oven. Would love to see you grill one up and showcase it here.

Robert

I'd take a couple of slices with a icy cold beer!

Thank you Jim. But of course...pizza and beer are a food group in and of themselves to it kinda goes without saying....:emoji_wink:

The spices in the dough and crushed peppers sprinkled on the sauce, my Lord that has to be good! Thanks for sharing your Masterpiece with us Robert.

You're more than welcome and thank you for the kind words. I got the idea of the spices and cheese in the dough from a forum member. As far as the red pepper....well that's just something we both love and I use a LOT of it.

Your choice of toppings is perfect for me and my SIL

Thanks so much Jimmy. I kinda like the minimalist approach also but sometimes a good garbage pizza is hard to beat.

Robert

Where there is a will, there is a way!

Believe me,, after this one I'm thinking through it. I have a 12' granite counter with the big gas grill built in the middle of it and the BS griddle to the left of the grill. I could put the Ooni on the right side of the grill but that would leave me virtually no counter space to work with. I'm also toying with the idea of getting a new vertical smoker so am having to take that into account also.

Looking good Robert!

Thanks Joe. Was pretty tasty buddy. We enjoyed it a lot.

Robert

The CI pan was the first real game changer insofar as getting the pizzas where I wanted them. this is a 14" pan I got from amazon. Here is the link to the one I bought.
I have a 15" that came with my KUDU. It doesn't have the beveled edge but I think I can make it work.
Congrats on the Merry Go Round ride!

Dang Robert, that’s some good looking pie you got there!!!! I would have had more that a slice!!!!

That’s some top notch stuff there Robert! I could take a slice of that anytime! Nicely done my friend!

My Kind of Pizza---Loaded!!
Nice Job, Robert!
Like.

Thank you Bear. I appreciate it my friend and thanks for the Like.

Robert that is one of the best looking pizzas I have ever seen.

Wow...that's one high compliment. Very much apprecite it Al.

I have a 15" that came with my KUDU. It doesn't have the beveled edge but I think I can make it work

Certainly it would work but I like having the depth to form the dough and create a "bowl" of sorts to load the toppings in.

Robert

Dang Robert, that’s some good looking pie you got there!!!! I would have had more that a slice!!!!

Oh I did. Please note my comment "to start with" :emoji_wink: The 2nd slice was a struggle though being that the thing was so filling.

I don't believe that I've ever seen a better looking pizza.

Sure wish I had "Taste-a-vision" or at least "Smell-a-vision".

I've not yet figured out how to a a "scratch and sniff" pizza post so I guess your best bet would be to drop in one evening and I'll cook you one :emoji_laughing:

WOW!

Now that is a Pizza Pie my friend....

GREAT BIG LIKE!

Thank you John. As noted, it's partly your fault it came out so well. The addition of the cheese and herbs to the dough was brilliant!!

Robert

Most excellent looking pizza Robert. A slice or two of that and a hockey game, boy would be in heaven.

Point for sure
Chris

Wow just Wow the way I would like my toppings also. Great job Robert I guess now you want a new apron with Roberts back yard pizzeria.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky