Italian Herb and cheese sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Steve . This is a good one . Some others I've had were short on flavor , and have had to add more . Just be careful of salt doing that .

Thanks !

Travis no heat at all . The Italian herbs and the cheese make up the flavor . No fennel , anise or red pepper . You can get a wine flavored hard cheese and use that too . That mix contains soy . Not sure if that affects someone with nut allergies or not . Just in case / FYI .
Thanks chop. I may have to order some....got me a new grinder from the wife for christmas need to break it in. The wine flavored cheese is a good idea reguardless what its going in! And so far no soy allergies as far as we know. Thanks for the looking out for that though I appreciate that.

1609813078967.png

Reactions: chopsaw and Sowsage
Looks INSANELY good Rich! On so many levels too. The grated is fine but not really into adding cubed cheese to sausage. Seems odd to me. Maybe that will change. Think that mix would still be good without the moz? I want to do an italian chicken sausage and try and covert the family. I have a few other things sitting in the TSM cart already...

Reactions: chopsaw
Thank you sir . Appreciate that .

I've been messing with the pasta making for a couple years . Some good results some bad . This was the best Ravioli success . None fell apart .
Wife is from an Italian family . Christmas dinner at her Aunts house was homemade ravioli , meatballs , pasta . Some of the best sauce around . They gave my son the recipe , and he gets it real close . People in the family starting passing on , grand kids born . Those days are passed now .
I've got some pasta q's for ya .

I grew up with a Italian Aunt and like you said awesome meals there all home made. Can't duplicate there is a touch she had that I just can't get right. Her family came from Italy when she was 5.

Warren

That sausage and the ravioli looks fabulous, Rich! I bet everything tasted amazing.
Thanks Joe . Yup , it was good .

Looks INSANELY good Rich!
It was good . You don't really notice the cheese cubes . You could make it without , but I think it adds to the texture . The flavor is great .
Thanks for the comment .

Travis no heat at all . The Italian herbs and the cheese make up the flavor . No fennel , anise or red pepper . You can get a wine flavored hard cheese and use that too . That mix contains soy . Not sure if that affects someone with nut allergies or not . Just in case / FYI .

Gotta watch that "Wine Flavored Cheese". Make sure nobody put any corks in there.:emoji_wink:

Bear

Fantastic looking sausage and raviolis Chop

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky