It Was Just Time To Smoke A Meatloaf (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great Robert! Never smoked a meatloaf, that will change. Oh and staying hydrated will not be an issue.
Thank you Cliff. Interesting. You've never smoked one and I've never cooked one except smoking it. Byt....never tried making one till I found SMF.
Looks beautiful! But of course it would...there's mashed taters and gravy involved as well! Great job on the meatloaf!
Thanks so much Ryan. There's just something all American about meat loaf, taters, and gravy.
Thanks for posting this. It's been quite awhile since I did smoked meatloaf and I love it. Maybe this next week on my weber
And thank you for the kind words. Rest assured, after hitting the mark on this one, I'll be doing another one pretty soon.

Robert

Wow, looks delicious, I love meatloaf. Will have to put that on the schedule, I have never smoked one before.
Thank you so much for the kind words. As has been noted by others, once you smoke one you'll never do it any other way.
Awesome looking meatloaf as well as the rest of the meal! My wife and I also loved smoked meatloaf! Congrats on your efforts.
Very much appreciate it. Was nice to finally get one dialed in the way we wanted it to be.
You will never cook a meat loaf in the oven again after having a smoked one. It never really crossed my mind to smoke one until I saw it done here at SMF, and I don't think I have had meat loaf any other way but smoked since.
You are correct!! Like you, I'd never considered smoking one till seeing it done here.

Robert

Robert that is just a masterful loaf! I’ve always loved a good meatloaf and I’m sure that one is something I’d have a couple servings of and then a nice cold sandwich with it later.
Thank you Jeff. I can only imagine the masterpiece you'd create doing a meatloaf. This was my best effort to date but wouldn't hold a candle to something you'd put together.
But, I've never smoked a meatloaf and after seeing it done by so many on here, it's on the list...
I appreciate the kind words my friend. As others have noted...and I promise you this....once you smoke one, you'll never do it any other way.
BUT what is with the sampler plate, lol
Hey...didn't you see where I noted going back for seconds and thirds?? :emoji_laughing: When I'm taking pics and think I may have a nice presentation going, I try to to over-clutter the plate.
Now between yours and MileHighSmokerGirl I must do another loaf
You best get busy buddy!! You got a tough act to follow behind her so make sure to being your A game :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks great Robert. I really enjoy smoked meatloaf and make it quite often. Your recipe will given a shot in the near future.
Thank you Chris. I think all the recipes I tried to follow previously were just over complicated. This was simple, basic, and to-the-point. Nothing crazy, just enough to create a really good flavor.
You are spot on with mine moms and wife's meat loaf. Started smoking meat loafs a few years ago and absolutely love them. We will make 3 at a time and freeze two of them. Still can't cover with Ketchup. But Sweet Baby Rays added last 15 minutes as a glaze is awesome.
Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm not a huge fan of ketchup to start with. The only time I use it is just a tiny bit on fries. As for the sauce, it is a much less sweet and very pepper forward version of Jeff's sauce. Neither of us are much into sauce and especially don't care for cloyingly sweet stuff. We are enjoying this version though.

Robert

thats a good looking meat loaf, i don't make a meat loaf myself , i leave that to the wife. hers is really good but i have gotten her to add a little powdered smoke to it when she cooks it and it adds a great smoky flavor to it

This has changed my perception of meatloaf which has remained in tact for the last 60 years or so. Thanks for posting this Robert. I'm now thinking about trying my own version. No doubt it will fall short of this one which looks excellent by the way, but you will never know until you try.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky