• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

It was bound to happen

lexscsmoker

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 25, 2009
I don't have many posts on here but the ones I do have are successful smokes.  Well today was the day for the bad smoke.  I love chicken salad and wanted some to eat on this week so I bought some chicken breasts that were packaged as a bogo.  I boiled it to make it soft so when I smoked it it wouldn't have the hard outside(no skin).  I made some chicken stew about 3 months ago that I had applied smoke to to give it a different flavor and it was a hit.  I boiled it for awhile then put it in the smoker just to add the flavor at around 1:30p.  Well I volunteered to rock my daughter to sleep and that was the mistake.  I woke up at 5:30p to find my chicken hard as rocks.  That's not the first time I've wasted $6 but I really wanted chicken salad.  Oh well maybe next time.

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
I think it's happened to us all at least once. Be glad it was only 6.00 in chicken & not 40.00 in ribs & brisket!

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
We have all had bad smokes, its all just a learning curve! Just don't let it get ya down too bad,and prepare for the next smoke!!!

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
One of my first CB I messed up and ran it through the grinder and bagged for the freezer as pizza toppings. Get creative.............

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Yep, we've all been there! Great that you can share your failures along with your triumphs with us!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.