It finally came...My roided kettle.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well it was my birthday a little while back and I told my wife not to get me anything again. Did she listen no. Did she do good yes!!!. For about a year now I've been seaching CraigsList for a special kettle with no luck of course. I guess the misses was tired of my complaining that I couldn't find what I wanted. So she found it for me. BNIB 26" kettle!!!

The Box:(sorry about the blurry picture). The FexEx guy was none to happy.

DSC00814.JPG

Top View:
DSC00815.JPG

Front view: all shiny and new
DSC00816.JPG

Here is a comparison shot with my 22" kettle:

DSC00817.JPG

A peak inside: Look at all that real estate.

DSC00818.JPG

...and finally - the 22" lid inside:
DSC00819.JPG

Unfortunately I won't get a chance to use her until tomorrow at the earliest. Thanks for looking.

Chris

I've got the 22" and have been extremely happy with it. But after seeing that, I want the 26. Damn you!

Reactions: JC in GB
What? A 26in kettle? They make that? Holy s&@$. That’s awesome! And Happy Belated Birthday! Now, I know what I want for my birthday!!
What you going to cook first on it?

That's awesome. Thanks for the comparison . Never knew they were so different .

26" Burger??

Holy Mackerel, Bear!
Turn it over with a snow shovel? A pizza paddle?
Better get a crane.

I wonder how hard it is to get the indirect charcoal baskets?
I see it has the flip-ups on that huge grill.
And now you need a truck to haul charcoal home... :eek:;)

I think I'll add charcoal to my stock portfolio.... :D

Reactions: JC in GB
And then jealousy sets in.... Congrats on that bad boy. Lots of good cooks to come.

Thanks Jeff, I was jealous to for a little more then a year. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it new.

Very nice!
Congratulations on the new toy!!

Thanks Smoke, I can't wait to fire her up. There's a whole lot of chicken wings in the not so distant future.

Congrats on the new addition... Even with my OKJ RF OS, I still want a big Weber Kettle.

I know the feeling. I thought about an offset or an electric, but the Weber won out.

Chris

Man I’m jealous. One of these days.

Thanks 5GRILL, I know that feeling all to well. I never knew my wife actually heard me complain. Bless her.

I've got the 22" and have been extremely happy with it. But after seeing that, I want the 26. Damn you!

I got my 22" at a yard sale quite afew years ago. There were times that I cooked for family get together's and ran out of room on the grate. Hopefully not anymore.

Looks Great, Chris!! :eek:
Now you gotta start a new Craigslist search---Hmmmmmm............

Bear

Thanks Bear, I've already got something in mind. It's just a little soon to start the hinting process. and thanks for the like.

Chris

Last edited:
Very nice! That should be a fun present you can use for a long time.

That's what the plan is. My daughter has already requested that I leave it to her in my will.

What? A 26in kettle? They make that? Holy s&@$. That’s awesome! And Happy Belated Birthday! Now, I know what I want for my birthday!!
What you going to cook first on it?

Thanks Justin, yeah 26" it's f'n huge compared to the 22". Start hinting now like Al's rib recipe It really works.

26" Burger??

Bear

Now that right there is funny, no-matter what anybody says. But it does get the mind thinking.

Chris

I like it Chris! Looks HUGE!
Good on the wife! She surprised you! Ha, Ha!

If you have them, will the indirect baskets work in the New Big Boy?

Come to think of it, if you use the snake method, it better be an Anaconda. :confused::eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: gmc2003
That's awesome. Thanks for the comparison . Never knew they were so different .

It's kind of like the 18 and 22" WSM. It doesn't sound like a big difference but when you actually see it Holy Cow.
Thanks Chopsaw

Believe it or not they also make a 37" "Ranch" kettle as well.

That they do. However it's a little pricey for me at 1300.00

Holy Mackerel, Bear!
Turn it over with a snow shovel? A pizza paddle?
Better get a crane.

I wonder how hard it is to get the indirect charcoal baskets?
I see it has the flip-ups on that huge grill.
And now you need a truck to haul charcoal home... :eek:;)

I think I'll add charcoal to my stock portfolio.... :D

The charcoal baskets come with the 26er, and I already use my truck to buy charcoal when it's on sale. Thanks for the like Sonny and good luck with your portfolio. I was thinking the same thing with all the MES that were being bought around here a few months ago.

Chris

Reactions: SonnyE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky