It’s hatch Chile season

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Texas Cookin'

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 28, 2019
Grilled a big ol ribeye up tonight. Went to the store and found all the fresh hatch green chiles. They only come around once a year. Made poppers out of hatch chiles and then a veggie medley with asparagus, yellow bell pepper, onion, and of course hatch green chiles. Have a good weekend y’all.
IMG_3049.jpeg

very nice, you guys are killing me with those Hatch's.. Never saw them in NY, now in NC and the first store I went to had nothing.

Reactions: Texas Cookin'
very nice, you guys are killing me with those Hatch's.. Never saw them in NY, now in NC and the first store I went to had nothing.
Yea they are definitely a southern thing. Come out of New Mexico.

Fred

No money shot but that plate looks good! Nice use of the pepper. I looked at Albertson yesterday and they out but I think Kroger still has some. The mild ones are huge and the hot ones are small but man are they hot!

Nice lookin' plate Fred .
That Chile really caught my eye . They're starting to get hatch products here . My Son said the peppers themselves should be here soon .

Very nice meal. :emoji_thumbsup:

=============================================================

You might check in the frozen foods section.
The isles that have Ice Cream, veggies, etc.

Damn Fred, you killed it buddy!! That plate looks absolutely divine. Perfect all the way around and one I'd have a hard time diving into because it just looks too good to mess up by eating it :emoji_laughing: My only takeaway is I sure wish you'd submitted this as a TD entry versus posting it here. It looks that good to me. the only thing I can hope for is that you have something even better up your sleeve for the TD but I can't imagine anything that looks much better than this :emoji_wink:

Robert

No money shot but that plate looks good! Nice use of the pepper. I looked at Albertson yesterday and they out but I think Kroger still has some. The mild ones are huge and the hot ones are small but man are they hot!
Thanks Brian I appreciate it.

Fred

Nice lookin' plate Fred .
That Chile really caught my eye . They're starting to get hatch products here . My Son said the peppers themselves should be here soon .
Thanks I appreciate it. I love cooking with the hatch Chiles! Pretty versatile.

Fred

Very nice meal. :emoji_thumbsup:

=============================================================

You might check in the frozen foods section.
The isles that have Ice Cream, veggies, etc.
Thank you sir!

Fred

Damn Fred, you killed it buddy!! That plate looks absolutely divine. Perfect all the way around and one I'd have a hard time diving into because it just looks too good to mess up by eating it :emoji_laughing: My only takeaway is I sure wish you'd submitted this as a TD entry versus posting it here. It looks that good to me. the only thing I can hope for is that you have something even better up your sleeve for the TD but I can't imagine anything that looks much better than this :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks for the kind words Robert. I didn’t think this would be Throw-down worthy. I’ll try to get an entry in but working in education and school starting up this is a crazy time of year for me.

Fred

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky