It’s been a while...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cornman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 30, 2016
South central PA
It’s been a good while since I actually posted anything and yesterday I did a picnic shoulder so now is as good a time as any.

9 lb picnic shoulder in the WSM from 6:45 am until 8:30 pm with a mix of apple and hickory chunks. This is my second shoulder not putting anything in the water bowl and tweaking the dials more. So far I’ve been happy with the results...it seems like I’m getting more bang for my buck out of the charcoal. I also have been honing my own rub consisting of SPOG along with chili powder, paprika, and brown sugar, and I’ve been happier with the bark...it has a hint of sweet and pepper-ish flavor when finished.
40A52189-9A48-4CC4-BCD7-E0DFC3E834D9.jpeg
0D583274-C747-4D50-8093-50327F7125C4.jpeg

The bone came right out and it was classic pork shoulder. We will be in and out this weekend so the pork will help as quick meals. Thanks for looking!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky