It’s About That Time Again….

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Has to happen at least every few months… my hands down favorite movie!!

9CA0607B-AF92-431D-A3BD-94F590BED8BA.jpeg

Never gets old… ALL time favorite!

Has to happen at least every few months… my hands down favorite movie!!

View attachment 668312

Never gets old… ALL time favorite!
well Justin you know where I stand with Tombstone and most westerns

1687169564926.png

Watched Tombstone last week and then , The Long Riders couple days later

1687169305592.png

It was a good week, you should watch it.

" you're a Daisy if you do "

David

well Justin you know where I stand with Tombstone and most westerns

View attachment 668333
Watched Tombstone last week and then , The Long Riders couple days later

View attachment 668332

It was a good week, you should watch it.

" you're a Daisy if you do "

David

Thanks David and yes I do… I will say that even though Tombstone is my fav… The Long Riders is one I have watched several times… great movie!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
"Where the white wimmen at?"
Yeah bout half of Mel Brooks stuff would not be produced in todays culture.

Jim

Agree! Too bad things are that way now… seems we could all just live and let live other than a lot of folks being “offended” by damned near everything these days!

Thanks David and yes I do… I will say that even though Tombstone is my fav… The Long Riders is one I have watched several times… great movie!

I'm with you Tombstone is the top , but when I first saw Long Riders it was a very cool and different concept. With real brothers ( actors ) playing real family.
James and Stacy Keach ( one of them had the idea ) and than produced by Stacy . Took them a while to get other family's involved. Some of the filming was very cool.

But not as polished as Tombstone , And Doc Holiday is my hero, the best of Val Kilmer at his finest.

and nobody takes a whipping ( slapping ) like Billy Bob Thornton, :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:

David

I'm with you Tombstone is the top , but when I first saw Long Riders it was a very cool and different concept. With real brothers ( actors ) playing real family.
James and Stacy Keach ( one of them had the idea ) and than produced by Stacy . Took them a while to get other family's involved. Some of the filming was very cool.

But not as polished as Tombstone , And Doc Holiday is my hero, the best of Val Kilmer at his finest.

and nobody takes a whipping ( slapping ) like Billy Bob Thornton, :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:

David

David, agree with all you said… I was torn between a laugh or a like! 🤷🏼‍♂️

The Long Riders as noted is a great movie… it has been played on my screen several times! And will continue to do so! Very respectable western!

IMO, the cast of Tombstone was well thought out and all played their roles phenomenally! But I do not think anyone could EVER top the role of Doc how Val played it! He NAILED that role to a T in my opinion!

IMO, the cast of Tombstone was well thought out and all played their roles phenomenally! But I do not think anyone could EVER top the role of Doc how Val played it! He NAILED that role to a T in my opinion!

Here Here , that is exactly how i see it , and always have .

Just a great movie

David

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ

David
Kilmer did an amazing job!! I took a film appreciation class in college way back when. Had an in-depth discussion about which films / actors win awards and and why. This movie and his performance came up as one of the classic examples of overlooked excellence. He wasn’t even nominated that year.

Reactions: JLeonard
classic examples of overlooked excellence. He wasn’t even nominated that year

Yes, always made me mad about that, no real recognition at all for his work on this movie

But Al Pacino for leading actor " Scent of a woman ", Gene Hackman won best supporting for Unforgiven, come on
Tom Hanks " Philadelphia " Leading Actor, Supporting Tommy Lee Jones " The Fugitive "

But not even nominated compared to the list of people that were

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky